Topic: Chumby One Update

Did anyone else get an update on their chumby this afternoon?  Mine is just rebooting/installing now.  I didn't see any info on the latest updates page.  http://www.chumby.com/pages/latest_software

2 (edited by likearaptor 2010-11-10 16:39:02)

Re: Chumby One Update

Here are the details after my reboot

HWN10.6 SW 1.0.7 FW 1.0.3454

improvements and fixes
Updated FM Radio UI with presets
Added international support for FM Radio
Added alarm configuration for FM Radio
Updated "My Music Files" (USB music) UI
Updated alarm configuration for My Music Files
Added Skip/Unskip Next Alarm functionality to Night Mode and Alarm Configuration
Fixed alarm issue on time/date
Fixed issues with backup alarm when adjusting system time/date
Changed brightness sliders to full range for both day and night mode
Fixed mute on alarm volume slider

likearaptor wrote:

Did anyone else get an update on their chumby this afternoon?  Mine is just rebooting/installing now.  I didn't see any info on the latest updates page.  http://www.chumby.com/pages/latest_software

Yes, I to saw the update message and hit update Now. I completed fine with no errors.

Same levels HWN10.6 SW 1.0.7 FW 1.0.3454 and the Control Panel of 2.8.72

They have updated the page now http://www.chumby.com/pages/latest_software

Added Skip/Unskip Next Alarm functionality to Night Mode and Alarm Configuration

OMG, if this is what I think it is, I will be so stoked!

Awesome!  Thanks!

I had been moving files around in /mnt/storage for a long time to change which song would play for my alarms.

+1 for you guys smile.

--Adam

I just did an update on one of my C1's. And now I have the same very bad problems on it that I have on my InfoCast 3.5: I can no longer run my circa-med.swf off of either my uploaded swf on chumby.com nor from my USB drive. Who do I need to contact to fix this very serious problem?

YaleGreenTyme wrote:

I just did an update on one of my C1's. And now I have the same very bad problems on it that I have on my InfoCast 3.5: I can no longer run my circa-med.swf off of either my uploaded swf on chumby.com nor from my USB drive. Who do I need to contact to fix this very serious problem?

OK. I have made some significant progress. On my C1 AND ALSO on my IC3.5 when seeking to run our app off of a USB, I tried keeping my finger on the touch screen as I was booting up. And both my C1 and my IC3.5 now flawlessly run our Circa-Med.swf app.

*DUAAAANE ARE YOU INSANE ??*

You have released this update without fixing the wrong-chumby-id-bug ???
You knew about this bug since a couple of days !!!
Are you aware of the fact that all youstreams-users will lose all their youstreams-radio-stations and podcasts ??
Are you aware of the fact that all SearchTube-users will lose all their favorites ??
Are you aware that other apps also use the id , and now will face numerous problems ?

Ratzfatz wrote:

lose all their youstreams-radio-stations and podcasts ??

a big thank you to you for the function to copy the data to the new wrong ID
i did that when i updated to the wriong beta so i did not see that this is also wrong in the full version.

you´re right, Ratzfatz. All the stations in youstreams are gone. what a shame:-(
any idea how to solve it without typing in each link once again?

waidler-franky wrote:

solve it without typing in each link once again?

just you the function to copy all the data to the new number.

just fpor youstreams -  not for searchtube.

I'm looking into this - it was supposed to have been fixed in CP 2.8.72.

sorry, I don´t get it. By trying to go to the links on "my chumby" I deleted my "youstreams" widget and can´t get it back now. that´s too bad. is the widget for youstreams also gone?

There's something going on - I'm looking into it now.

waidler-franky wrote:

go to the links

the data is on appspot.com

just enter with your old ID and copy all to you new ID.
thats all.

the widget gets the data from there -  also nothing will get lost.

OK, I found it- one of the fields that YouStreams was using was not properly restored to the old method.

I'll see if I can expedite the update.

RatFatz - can you confirm that you're using the "_chumby_chumby_id" field in your widget?

Confirmation!

Meanwhile I changed the status of  YouStreams and SearchTube to "private". They'll be back when the issue is fixed.

19 (edited by kabatronix 2010-11-12 14:37:32)

hi,
i already lost all my favorites in searchtube and my radiostations in youstreams with the new cp.

is there anything i can do at the moment to fix that?

the new cp finally comes with a working radio, though seek funktion could be more sensitive and preset is still buggy (as described somewhere above).

manual tuning is a mess, for frequency will not automaticly in/decrease if i keep my finger on the buttons.

after update chumby did some uninspired reboots when using searchtube.

i also ran into the infamous "activate your chumby"- bug which is really annoying.

kabatronix

I installed and have so far spent one night in mortal fear of this feature:
"Added Skip/Unskip Next Alarm functionality to Night Mode and Alarm Configuration"

It sounds like a great innovation, unless your Chumby lives next to your bed and gets bumped in the night (I have woken my chumby countless times by accidental touches). I am now wondering how long it will be before I bump that button in my sleep and prevent my alarm going off.

Is there an option to disable this feature that I have overlooked? If there is, I would appreciate being pointed the right direction.

I don't think you can disable the Skip Next Alarm, but here is a way you can work around it.
Add another alarm a few minutes before your wake up alarm, but make it silent. You could have it switching to the channel that you would normally want to come on with your main alarm. This alarm will be displayed overnight as your next alarm, with the option to skip it. Thus if you accidentally hit 'Skip' during the night it will be this alarm that is skipped and your main alarm will be untouched and work as normal. The only risk is that you might skip the main alarm as well, but since this will only be possible in the few minutes between the silent alarm and the main alarm, the risk is very small.

kabatronix wrote:

i already lost all my favorites in searchtube and my radiostations in youstreams with the new cp.
is there anything i can do at the moment to fix that?

for youstreams only you can copy all the entries if you  go to appsot.com and log in qith the old ID and use the COPY/MEGRE-function to the new ID.

23 (edited by Ratzfatz 2010-11-13 06:25:35)

There is another nasty bug after the update regarding the "chumby_set_volume"-command on a Chumby One.
Without a parameter, the command should return the current volume 0..100. With parameter (0..100) it should set the volume to that value. YouStreams uses this command to display a volume slider that can be used to set the volume (useful on a chumby classic), but also reacts to turning the volume knob on the side of the chumby one.
The problem now is that when you use the knob to set a volume of, e.g., 60, the command returns the correct value 60. But if you use the command to set the volume to this value (which happens when the volume-slider is used instead of the knob)

chumby_set_volume 60

, the chumby gets very silent, i.e. the actual volume is set to a much lower value than 60.
Nevertheless, if you query afterwards, using the command without parameters, it'll return 60.
I should add, that this bug doesn't get fixed by the controlpanel 2.8.73, Duane.

More problems after the update with SearchTube:

- videos are stuttering
- video and audio are significantly more out of sync (e.g. Achmed the dead terrorist)
- after playing a few videos, pressing the Control-button at the top of the C1, caused a reboot of the device !

25 (edited by kabatronix 2010-11-14 13:27:36)

@spunk_

nice idea, but sorry, this seems to me to be complete nonsense:

why should i have written down my old id somewhere
before an automatic cp update??

tell me if i´m wrong and the old id can be found somewhere inside the chumby file system or in the depth of the mentioned website....

@ ratzfatz

i want to express that with no exception all of the bugs mentioned by you have occurred on my chumby one with the new cp and are consistent.

so with the exception of the still buggy radio the new cp is felt like kind of a downgrade sad

btw. thank you for your great piece of work smile

@ duane and the chumby tec stuff

youstreams and searchtube are by no means some more widgets, but THE widgets/apps that probably SELL chumbies especially outside the us.

so any updates to the cp have to be proved stable with those powerful and important widgets/apps. this might include to talk to app authors to adjust there work accordingly  in advance to any updates.
this should be implemented mandatory in your future workflow simply because of economical reasons.

thank you for all your struggle to fix the bugs in the new cp
i am sure my chumby´s reliability will be restored asap wink

kabatronix