1 (edited by wayn3w 2010-10-18 17:30:43)

Topic: Accessing the accelerometer via actionscript

Hello,

The Chumby wiki mentions using ASNative(5,60) to access the accelerometer, giving access to one of 13 possible values (http://wiki.chumby.com/mediawiki/index. … sor_Access)

However the Sony Dash Development Guide (https://dash.sonydeveloper.com/common/p … load/?id=2) mentions about 18 possible values, and a second ASNative call ((5,61))  for 10 more additional values.

Does the Chumby offer the same set of values, but just isn't document?  Or does the Sony Dash use a different accelerometer?  Or is there another reason why the interface is different?

Also, the Adobe Developer Connection no longer seems to have their Chumby-related application notes and documents, such as "Adobe Developer Connection - Developing widgets for Chumby with Flash Lite 3".  That specific article talked about using the accelerometer.  If anyone has a copy of this article, could you please a link to it to me or post as a reply?

Thanks,

wayn3w

Re: Accessing the accelerometer via actionscript

The dash uses a different accelerometer.

Unlike the accelerometer in the chumby, which produces unsigned values with an offset, the dash produces signed values, hence the other ASnative.  Otherwise, you'll get the signed values as unsigned, and you'd have to do the conversion yourself (in fact, I think the dash Control Panel does exactly that, since it was written before the new ASnatives came into being).

3 (edited by wayn3w 2010-10-19 05:54:03)

Re: Accessing the accelerometer via actionscript

Thanks Duane.  That clears things up.  Is there an intent to keep 'Chumby' specific information on wiki.chumby.com and
Sony Dash information on their development site?  Or should the wiki.chumby.com be the place for information for all Chumby-enabled devices?

I'd still like the one article I mentioned above if anyone has a copy.  It seems Adobe removed all the Chumby-related Developer Connection articles and other useful Flash-lite Developer connection articles, such as their one on Persistent Data.  Not sure why...  I found it useful.