Topic: radio frequencies (european chumby)

Hey everyone,

I've noticed that Chumby One's radio frequencies are only in odd numbers.
Here, in Europe, we have such radio frequencies like 96.4, 101.8 etc.

Can this thing be fixed somehow, or how can I do it?

P.S. chumby is awesome, I really like it

Re: radio frequencies (european chumby)

This will be addressed soon - it requires a firmware *and* Control Panel update.

Hi Duane,

I think it has been long since people started asking for European FM support. Right now, the chumby radio is useless here in Europe, and I have started using my old alarm clock which has nothing but a clock and a working radio alarm. I think there's many of us who are feeling disappointed with this. When I got my chumby for the first time, I was so happy with all its possibilities that all I could do was talking to all my mates about this nice, littel device. Now I feel more like "well, let's see if this has finally been fixed since last time I checked the site". I think it's not only a matter of keeping us happy, but also a matter of the many more units you could sell if only FM radio worked in Europe.

Please, give us soon the good news we've been waiting for so long.

Thanks

The international support for the FM radio is currently completed and in QA.

Duane wrote:

The international support for the FM radio is currently completed and in QA.

is completed? does this mean there is a test-Version availlable?
when will the fixed Version (after quality assurance?)be public?

As mentioned, this is a bit more complicated than a simple Control Panel release - it also requires a firmware release.

We don't currently do "test" releases of firmware, since they're quite a bit more disruptive.  If a test Control Panel fails, then it's simply a matter of going to the website and reselecting  the normal Control Panel.  If a firmware release fails, then the device could end up a brick.

I'm not sure what the schedule is for releasing the new firmware, since it's *also* in QA.