Re: Changing volume and/or Widgets

Alright, heyartlady, here is how you do it:

1)Start the SSH server on your Chumby, This is really easy, all you have to do is go into the control panel,
-Tap on Settings
-Tap on Chumby Info
-Tap on the Pi symbol in the upper right
-Tap on SSHD

2)If you are using Windows, you are going to need to download a program known as PuTTY. If you are using Mac OSX or Linux, you need to open up a terminal.

3)Go through the steps in step one until you are at the Chumby Info page, then make note of what the Chumby's IP Address is.

4)If in Windows, open up PuTTY, and where it says Host Name (or IP address), put in the Chumby's IP address and hit open (when asked who to sign in as, put in root).
-If in Linux or Mac OSX, then type sudo SSH (IP address of Chumby).

5)Cut and paste everything under the word Code in step 2 of Duane's guide, one line at a time, hitting enter after each command. Stop_control_panel and start_control_panel will give a lot of output. Don't worry, you haven't blown up your Chumby.

6)Enjoy!

Terribly busy week. Orientation week at school, kids start back next week, my dad moved in with us, movers bringing everything he ever owned or looked at or touched on Saturday, I may not get to this for a bit, but when I do, thank you for your directions. I didn't want you to think I was ignoring your help.

Oh, no problem. When you actually get around to it, it will take next to no time. Hope things calm down for you.

darundal wrote:

Oh, no problem. When you actually get around to it, it will take next to no time. Hope things calm down for you.

Thanks, that was a snap. Took about 3min (including downloading the puTTY app).

Here is the puTTY downlaod link...
http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/lat … /putty.exe

30 (edited by darundal 2008-08-16 08:33:01)

Not a problem. Oh, and thanks for putting up the link for PuTTY, I should have thought to do that.

Rather than start a new thread, I decided to resurrect an old one.  I knew that if I searched hard enough I could find someone with the same idea as me.  I would really like to be able to scroll through the widgets somehow, rather than wait for time to expire on one and move onto the next.  I have my channels organised by category, so all my games are in one channel.  It seems like I should be able to select the channel and manually scroll though the games instead of returning to the control panel each time I want to play something different.  Also, it'd be nice to be able to scroll through the channels without having to go to the control panel.

Lasticko wrote:

Press and hold the switch and tilt the chumby left or right to change widgets backwards/forwards.

This suggestion was applied to the CC and I use it all the time. I don't have a C1 but I believe they kept this functionality.

Ah, I see.  Sorry, I couldn't find anything about this in the manual.  Still, a simple touch would be preferable to the current method.  Is there a way to cycle through channels like this, or is it only widgets?

No, it's only widgets. To change channels, you still have to go to the Control Panel, or set a silent alarm to change channel at a particular time.