Topic: Sick alpha chumby

I have an alpha chumby that has become sick.
I'm suspecting the bend sensor has something to do with it.
Here's what happens:
the chumb boots. I can see the chumby come up and I can hear the sound. Then the control panel comes up. But I can't press any of the buttons. After a few seconds (10-20) the screen goes blue and it says "authorizing...". Just after that I'm able to press buttons (for example, the settings button), but only for a second or two. After that I'm back to the mode where i'm locked out.
It behaves as if the bend sensor was constantly pressed. The sensitivity of the sensor is all the way down (if I'm fast enough after the window of time during which I can press buttons I can get to the sensor settings).
I've tried disconnecting the connector to the bend sensor, but that does not help: if I do that, I get a black screen after the 'authorizing...' screen.
The network is working since I can get to the HTTP server. But since I can't get to the info screen, I can't do the magic tap to enable SSH.

Any help? Can this be fixed?

Re: Sick alpha chumby

It may be a goofy widget in the channel it's playing.  Try creating a channel with a simple clock in it, and assign your chumby to use it, and try again.

Some of the newer widgets and some older ones being updated will only work on the production chumbys and may cause the alpha chumbys to misbehave.

Re: Sick alpha chumby

Thanks for the fast reply. That worked. I removed all the widgets except for a simple clock, and I'm back to normal :-)