Topic: Cancel Alarm for today

Sometimes I wake up before my alarm on the Chumby.
Usually I just get up and get on and forget about the alarm which will sound when I'm away from the Chumby.
Then the back up alarm kick in and if theres no response to that either, sometimes my Chumby crashes. Not mentioning that the alarm is annoying fro everyone else in the house (who don't seem to understand the chumby is touchscreen).
Of course I don't see this until much later i.e. after work.

Would it be possible to implement a button say in the Alarms section of the control panel to cancel the alarm for today.
I.e. if it is a daily/custom etc alarm it would be cancelled for that day only.

Re: Cancel Alarm for today

You can set up a custom alarm for each day.  Then toggle off the alarm for that day.  Or just toggle off your alarm when you get up.

I believe this thread should answer your question along with how...
http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=5241

I do not think that is what ApathyCares was thinking of. To give a simpler example: if you had a daily alarm on weekdays going off at 5:00am, and are awake already at 4:45, you either had to go to alarms panel with several clicks to disable it, and remember to put it back on in the evening, or wait until 5:00 to cancel it =:-o

I rather would like an addition on the alarms overview panel like "next alarm scheduled: 07/01/10 5:00am [drop]" - then you would need only a button press and two clicks to disable just the next alarm.

Cheers Robnav, but that was not what I was after.

u063096 has got it spot on. I would usually forget to put the alarm back on which defeats the purpose.

The addition to the alarms overview panel is exactly what I'm after, there's plenty of space on that panel to implement this.
The Chumby night mode already detects and displays the next schedule alarm so this "next alarm scheduled: 07/01/10 5:00am [drop]" as described by u063096 should be OK to implement?

Nice suggestion ApathyCares. I've often wished for this myself.

Brian, #1 Joan Jett Fan

This was brought up here too (skip alarm/event) and I am all for it.
http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=3852

however, I really like the idea of adding it to that custom overlay that has the red and green (perhaps there is a third too?) buttons for "snooze" and "off" (perhaps the verbiage is a little different too?).
Yea, there was a third, something like "Off, but still play music" or something like that...
Guess I need to search for it.

Ah sorry, my search for this wasn't thorough enough.
I can see it has been suggested and deliberated over as far back as 2008/09 with some very wordy posts.
I can also see how this may be difficult to implement based on Duane's replies.
I think I see this type of thing has just been abandoned or is not worth the effort...
Ah well I suppose I can live without...