Topic: de-activate a chumby

Hi,

I bought a Chumby One last week and played with it over the weekend to find out whether it suits my need. Unfortunately I found that it is not what I am looking for(*). So I will use the return option guaranteed to me by German law to get a refund.

My question is: Since I already activated the device and have added some channels and widgets to it, how do I de-activate it again and return it to factory settings, so the reseller can sell it again? Or shouldn't I bother and let him handle that issue?

regards
twm

(* I don't want to discuss the reasons in this topic, so please don't ask. I might open a different topic for that.)

Re: de-activate a chumby

argl wrote:

de-activate it

mychumby dashboard

select a chumby
delete

I have a very similar proboem. I am going to send the "chumby classic", which I have been testing for a week, back to the store and order a "chumby one".

Is there a way to reset all configuration before I send it back to the store?!

mamoooth wrote:

I have a very similar proboem. I am going to send the "chumby classic", which I have been testing for a week, back to the store and order a "chumby one".

Is there a way to reset all configuration before I send it back to the store?!

You should go to the website and deactivate the device, and you should reboot the device in to Special Options mode and restore the factory settings.  To be *absolutely* sure *everything* is erased, you could also apply a firmware update from USB.