Topic: alarm on/off by day of week

Would love to be able to enable the alarm for specific days...say Monday through Thursday. Thanks!

Re: alarm on/off by day of week

Yes, this functionality is a must for me and is what is keeping the Chumby from replacing my current inferior alarm clock. I was very disappointed in the lackluster alarm in the Chumby when I was checking out the device for the first time last night. I guess I just assumed before I purchased it that a sophisticated device like the Chumby would have a decent alarm clock in it. I was hoping that the device was customizable enough that someone could design a widget or something that would allow the Chumby to sync with my Exchange calendar at work and know when I am not going to be going to work and have an option to not have the alarm go off on those days. Maybe someday? *hint hint* Is there anything slated to at least add weekday/weekend alarm settings in the future? Is this an update that will be fairly soon?

Another thing I noticed last night is that when I unplugged the power with a 9V battery attached, it just made a bunch of noise. When I plugged it back in, the device was locked up and the set alarm did not go off. I'm not sure if the battery might be dead or not, I'll try it with a new one. But, I was even more surprised that without the 9V battery attached, if I pulled the power and plugged it back in, the Chumby did not come up automatically. It would be far more useful to have the Chumby default to start up when power is applied to it rather than having to push the power button. I wouldn't even need to attach a 9V battery if it did this. Is there an option for this, or is it something that could be added?

Lastly, I'm wondering if there is a way to have the Chumby automatically change channels based on certain times. I'd like to have a minimal clock/weather report for mornings and have it do more things later in the day and at night. Is this possible, or is this functionality slated to be added in the future?

Overall, I think the device is a cool concept, but is lacking in these key areas.

I agree there needs to be a better alarm set up

I do not mind not being able to set alarms directly on the Chumby - I do think it would be cool if the Chumby could play alarms for events in my Google Calendar. That would be superbly awesome.

Google already provide an excellent interface for defining schedules and events. I'd hope Chumby does not spend too much time in trying to duplicate what already exists and can be had for free.

Sal

+1 for setting up alarms based on google calendar.