1 (edited by pepperm 2010-04-21 04:23:38)

Topic: I activated but the site knows nothing about it

Hi

I activated my Chumby one this morning and uploaded some apps to it from the web site. The unit is happily working but when I return to the web site it says that I have no chumby activated and need to activate one. Well I can't do that because my chumby is already activated, so what do I do now? How do I get the web site to recognise my activation?

I have tried changing the name by entering a new name and the Chumby ID but just get told that the name is already in use, even with a random string of numbrs and letters as the name.

So I have now had a Chumby one for 6 hours and can't get anything changed on it beyond my initial widgt additions. This can't be right so I need help quick please.

Mark

Re: I activated but the site knows nothing about it

pepperm wrote:

so what do I do now?

what happens if you visit
http://www.chumby.com/mychumby

is there the option "delete" then do so.

now you casn start at the begfinning.

Please contact Customer Support.

I have now replied to Customer support with my ID and await your reply. There is no delete option on the my chumby page for me as no chumby shows as registered.

Problem solved by the very nice support team.

I had two accounts created, one with a typo in it! My chumby was registered under that account and I was trying to manage it with my proper account. As simple as that.

Thanks everyone who helped.