Topic: Additional Alarm modes: Brightness and Volume

Hello,

I really like the Alarm/NoSound feature to switch to Channels based on the time of day. It would be great if (Apart from night mode and channel selection) also the following would be possible:

- alarm: switch brightness (low / high)
- alarm: switch volume (using a slider)
- alarm: slow ramp up of volume (for nicer wakeup, go to 100% if nobody wakes up...)

Re: Additional Alarm modes: Brightness and Volume

I agree with sirchadwick. 
Individual volume control per each alarm would be a very nice feature.  I would like to start my wake-up with some quiet music until I absolutely have to get up and a louder beeping alarm plays. 

The slow ramp-up of volume for music alarms (ie shoutcast alarm) would also be cool too.  Maybe even a slider to control how long the ramp up takes.

Brightness control please.

I would also like this. It can be done with a script and then tied to an alarm, but it would be much easier if it was available as an option. Even better is if you could have multiple actions, like set to x channel and set brightness to y and set volume to z. I can see the wizard asking what action you would like and then ask if you would like to set another action y/n and then allowing the user to keep adding actions so that a truly completely customizable alarm could be set.

-HuckFinn

s71ck wrote:

I agree with sirchadwick. 
Individual volume control per each alarm would be a very nice feature.

Agreed!  I would LOVE to see this.  Here's why.  I want to set my Chumby to wake me up to some very quiet smooth jazz.  Then I want another alarm to come on after I get out of the shower that plays NPR at a much higher volume so I can hear it as I'm getting ready for work.

Is this possible with the current hardware?

Certainly the hardware is capable, however, we'd need to modify the Control Panel UI and alarm manager to allow setting of the volume per alarm.

I'll put it on the list.

Again, thank you.  It's stuff like this that really helps make the Chumby a versatile device.

8 (edited by woschie 2010-04-13 11:06:58)

Individual volumes for each alarm, this is the feature wich I really miss. I hope it will be integrated in a new firmware.