Topic: USB title Navigation and WMA/RM-Streams

Hi guys,

im a chumby noob from germany. I tried to figure out the following ideas in the forum but couldnt find anything suitable:

- As everyone knows u can not choose folders or single tracks on a connected USB storage to play. I guess im not the only one who would like to improve that. And i think im not the first one who posts this here...

- We have very weak FM quality in our house. I thought This wouldnt be a problem cos every radio station has also online streams here. But unfortunatly these streams r in WMA(Windows Media Audio) and RM(RealMedia) format. So I cant use them in "my streams"...

I guess these issues cant be resolved by widgets, so the chumby core team might be so kind... smile Otherwise my chumby would be nearly useless to me.

Re: USB title Navigation and WMA/RM-Streams

I really thought I had it, streaming music from my PC to the Chumby via My Music but I didn't realise I wouldn't be able to navigate my folders from there. URGH!!! Very frustrating.

TheGambler wrote:

Hi guys,

im a chumby noob from germany. I tried to figure out the following ideas in the forum but couldnt find anything suitable:

- As everyone knows u can not choose folders or single tracks on a connected USB storage to play. I guess im not the only one who would like to improve that. And i think im not the first one who posts this here...

- We have very weak FM quality in our house. I thought This wouldnt be a problem cos every radio station has also online streams here. But unfortunatly these streams r in WMA(Windows Media Audio) and RM(RealMedia) format. So I cant use them in "my streams"...

I guess these issues cant be resolved by widgets, so the chumby core team might be so kind... smile Otherwise my chumby would be nearly useless to me.

Hi,
   I think the widget and script I used on USB Photo would do this "almost" out of the box - the script would work to serve up the file list and the songs. The widget would need to be modified to sort and play the audio rather than showing images. Trouble is I am away for 6 weeks so cant look at it now. If anyone else is interested I would look at the script (search usb photo) which has 3 calls

1. For policy crossdomain file
2. get a USB file list
3. Get a file (passes the content type which would need to be set to something like audio/mps etc

If not will have a look when I get back.

cheers

Nigel

smile smile smile

4 (edited by WhiteBox 2010-03-02 10:28:31)

Indeed, I guess this has been on the wish list since the very beginning (didn't check the entire forum for that).
But a steady drop hollows a stone they say.
So again, please make the USB file list (and the files selectable that is) a dream come true.
@Nigel: Yes, this is a definite request from someone else... be our hero!

Cheers
Philip

Side note: I really wonder why this hasn't been solved earlier. How do other people manage and listen to mp3s from a thumbdrive with more than 32 mb and more than 5 songs on them? Or have I missed THAT one widged that does it?

######
Ahhhh.... Hypnotoad widget's coming up.
Somehow one of my favourites... Bachelor Chow. Now! With flavour!