Topic: Deceiving Sales Practice

Just wanted to share my experiencein trying to order two chumby ones a few weeks ago when they had the promotion of ordering two chumby ones for a cost of 99 each.  I had the chumbys in my cart and when i went to checkout they went on backorder and would not allow me to complete purchase. When the Chumbys came back in stock last weeki tried to order two at the promo price, the system would not allow me to do it, so i went onthe live chat and spoke with a company supervisor who admitted they had problems with the promo ordering system, but would not allow me topurchase two of them at the promo price and basically told me i was sol.well if this is chumbys attitude toward potential customers then i see the company failing, so i think i will just wait for the Sony Dash to come out in April and purchase two of them as it looks like a far superior product anyway. Buyer Beware!

Re: Deceiving Sales Practice

Same product at a higher price - take that to the bank.

Not to mention the fact that the Dash is powered by Chumby Ind. anyway....

W6TT6GyA wrote:

Same product at a higher price - take that to the bank.

7" screen vs. 3.5", netflix streaming vs. not , hmm.....

Yeah and no battery. So good luck with a reliable alarm in the morning. Chumby is definately the better and more reliable option.

Madefl wrote:

Yeah and no battery. So good luck with a reliable alarm in the morning. Chumby is definately the better and more reliable option.

My Chumby doesn't have a battery and the Dash is $199, same retail price as the Classic sitting on my nightstand.

firetwuck wrote:

My Chumby doesn't have a battery

you do not have the chumby one i think.

Some of the Chumby classics take a 9 volt battery and are easily hacked to add a photo frame battery.
My Chumby classic has the 9 volt battery adapter.