1 (edited by joshman 2010-01-11 15:43:16)

Topic: Channel Scheduler

I just got a Chumby for xmas and I must say it's a great product.

So far, a feature I think it is lacking is the ability to schedule channels.  The content changes well within channels (perfectly configurable). 
However,  there are certain things I like to view at certain times of the day.
For instance:
View stock market quotes while the market is open (I don't need to view them the other 2/3 of the day it is closed).
View weather and traffic information prior to commute times.
View different types of news at different times of the day--perhaps getting more humorous content as the day progresses.
There are some widgets that are great in small doses, but I find myself taking them out of the rotation because either they are static or rapidly becoming boring.

I understand you can change channels through the menu, but this is not very efficient throughout the day while I'm trying to work.

This added functionality would greatly enhance this product.  Please let me know if you require any additional input.

Re: Channel Scheduler

Why not schedule alarms to do these functions? 

For example, I have an alarm set to switch on the NOAA weather radio while at the same time pulling up a channel with the Weather Channel app.

You could have a channel that pulls up weather and traffic info at whatever time you leave for work.

Remember -- you don't have to have any audio alarm for an "alarm".  You can just have them switch channels as well.

I see.  It was not intuitive that alarms could serve this function.

I'll give it a shot.

Obnates, you just solved one of the items on my wishlist. smile