Topic: Adobe Device Centeral plugin?

Is there one out there and if not can someone make one?  I am on flash pro CS3

Re: Adobe Device Centeral plugin?

I think Scott Janousek made one for the alpha prototypes.

However, the production units use Flash Lite 3, and I don't think CS3 supports profiles for that version yet.

But flash lite 2 is backwards compatable right so I could still use lite 2 movies on my lite 3 chumby?

Certainly - but I would get too obsessed the whole "Flash Lite" thing.  It really isn't anything special or different unless you're actually targeting a phone.

Flash Lite 2.1 is basically Flash 7 - when you export something as Flash Lite 2.1, you actually get a Flash 7 movie, and most Flash 7 movies run unmodified even on the alpha chumbys.

Flash Lite is really the player, not so much the file format.

What the "Flash Lite 2" settings do is make the IDE disable a few uncommon functions and classes, and add some additional functions (most notably fscommand2) for mobile devices that make no particular sense on the chumby device anyway.

The Device Central templates basically skin the movie to look likes it's on the device, and map some of the keys and other functionality, and in newer versions, attempt to simulate the performance characteristics.

So, your best bet is to make Flash 7 movies at 320x240 at 12fps, avoid _root and _level0, don't do preloaders, and you should be fine.

One last thing what actionscript version does the chumby come with?

ncoop23 wrote:

One last thing what actionscript version does the chumby come with?

Actionscript, at least AS 1 and AS 2, is an issue for the Flash Authoring tool, not the player - both ActionScript 1 and Actionscript 2 produce compatible output, so pick whichever works for you.

Actionscript 3 uses some features that are only found in Flash 9 Player, for which there is no Flash Lite compatible.