Topic: Feature Request Remote Control Panel

Not sure if it's possible or not, but I'd like to be able to go to the website and have the ability to turn off a currently running alarm.
As I write this I'm downstairs and am listening to my Chumby beep.  Unless it's already possible, what I'm asking would involve seeing some sort of virtual control panel on the site similar to how I change my channels, which would allow me realtime access to my Chumby.

Re: Feature Request Remote Control Panel

bb1968 wrote:

Not sure if it's possible or not, but I'd like to be able to go to the website and have the ability to turn off a currently running alarm.
As I write this I'm downstairs and am listening to my Chumby beep.  Unless it's already possible, what I'm asking would involve seeing some sort of virtual control panel on the site similar to how I change my channels, which would allow me realtime access to my Chumby.

I have implemented this for the old 3.7 chumby classic.  I have been hoping to make some posts about it, but haven't had time due to the range of things required to get it working.  I have also wanted to make my hacks work for all of the current chumbies, but again, haven't had time (and until recently, didn't have the hardware).

Getting the chumby one working will either be really simple, or really complex, as I'm unfamiliar with the input to the control panel.

For the chumby classic, I wrote a quick write proc entry for the touchscreen and one for the bend sensor so I can use CGI access to emulate clicks that the control panel handles.  It works great on my chumby classic, but I haven't had much time to play with it recently.  If I get some time or more people are interested, I'll get busy on publishing my hacks.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Re: Feature Request Remote Control Panel

I second this, my chumby is by my bed and sometimes it would be nice to turn something on or off from my laptop without having to go to the chumby.