Topic: Backup alarm beep too low

The backup alarm beep is so quiet that neither my wife or I can hear it.  If you are going to have a backup alarm, we should be able to select from the same list as a regular alarm.

Right now I can't use the Cumby for my alarm as Pandora is not dependable enough and it keeps switching to the beep.  We have not been awakened 3 times in 7 days.

What is the loudest of the alarm choices?

Re: Backup alarm beep too low

The alarm tones are all pretty much the same volume - did you turn on the "backup alarm" in the alarm configuration wizard?  if so, that should play at the maximum volume the device is capable of.

Duane wrote:

The alarm tones are all pretty much the same volume - did you turn on the "backup alarm" in the alarm configuration wizard?  if so, that should play at the maximum volume the device is capable of.

The backup alarm is the one that we cannot hear. It has NO VOLUME.  I have to hold it to my ear to hear the beep.  I tried turning up the volume while it was beeping, nothing happened. 

Note that the C1 is no more than 2 feet from my head, right by my pillow on a nightstand.

There are *two* backup alarms - one that fires off when a networked audio source can't be reached, usually within a few seconds, and the other that's configured in the alarm wizard, and goes off after five or so minutes.

The first backup played at the configured alarm volume, but the second is played at full volume.

If the second one played at low volume, that would be a problem.

5 (edited by DZRhino 2010-01-06 11:13:19)

Duane wrote:

There are *two* backup alarms - one that fires off when a networked audio source can't be reached, usually within a few seconds, and the other that's configured in the alarm wizard, and goes off after five or so minutes.

The first backup played at the configured alarm volume, but the second is played at full volume.

If the second one played at low volume, that would be a problem.

Yes, the second one is the one that doesn't play at full volume, or full volume is not enough.  I have all the alarms turned up to full volume as the sound output is very low on everything.  Shoutcast seems to be louder, but Pandora everything plays like it is at low to medium volume.  I have the volume control all the way to the right on everything just to hear.

My internet connection is showing 48%, so would that be the problem on internet music?

I tested different configurations of some of the alarms.  All of the internal sounds are very low in volume.  The Klaxon started low and increased in volume momentarily and then dropped back to low volume.

There does seem to be a problem.

Hmmm, OK, we'll look into it.

Does your device have a battery in it?

No battery yet, I ordered one.  My kids gave the Chumby to me for Xmas.  Since we were on a family vacation, didn't try to use it until after Jan. 1.  It was intended to be my alarm clock, but I can't have it failing like this.

I tried using MP3 files on via USB and they play at low volume.  I would think that high volume should fill a small room . . . the clock it is to replace only has a 1watt amp and a tiny speaker and it is too loud at 1/2 volume.

Let me know what I have to do.

Please contact Customer Support to see if there's something wrong with your device.

Duane,

They had me reload the OS from a memory stick via the USB port.  That seemed to help.  Will let you know after I have tested everything.