Topic: Template data doesn't appear to be a valid Flash file

I get this when I try to update a .swf that used to work.  I don't know what it means, please advise.  Thanks.

Re: Template data doesn't appear to be a valid Flash file

Yeah, there's currently a bug that requires that the template/configuration movie be Flash 7 or earlier.  We have a server update staged for deployment that will address that shortly.

Sorry about the problem.

Please post to this post or email me when it's resolved...  thanks.

That fix is deployed.  Please let us knwo if there are still issues.

same deal.  I'm updating a widget by the way.

We've added a validation to the site that checks various things about the widgets when they're uploaded or updated - the widget itself must be 320x240 and Flash 8 or earlier, while the template must be 320x240 with no version constraint.

It's possible that the validation check is actually failing on some other element that would have failed had the validation been in place when you originally uploaded your movie.

Can you tell me which widget it is, so we can take a closer look at what's going on?

I emailed you the widget.  What's a "template"?

"template" is the internal database name for the configuration widget.

Way Back When, we tried to make the configuration an XML-driven system, where you'd specify that various element necessary for the configuration, which we hoped to be able to transcode to HTML forms, Flash, or whatever.  In the long run this wasn't realistic, so we fell back on pure Flash.

What's going on here is that there are some corrupted non-Flash "template" items in the database, most of which were created by bugs in an older version of the server.

We're writing a script to clean it all up.