Topic: Hacker resources at Chumby

I was just wondering what Chumby's preference was in terms of expansion of the the web-based developer community.  Do you want to stay in the middle of it by providing a few additional pages at chumby.com, or would you like for us to start creating secondary websites.

Just as an example, once some of us tinkerers start creating neat stuff that others might want to buy, would you provide some sort of a "Chumby Store" or "chumby accessory showcase" on chumby.com where we can make these known to the world, or should we plan on having our own website?

Similarly, if we want to present ourselves to the world as Chumby Hackers for hire, might chumby.com have room for a page where we can offer our talents to the world, or should we plan on creating an external community for this sort of promotion?  Along the same line, a place for serial entrepreneurs to post want-ads for Chumby developers.

Just wondering if I should fire up my GoDaddy account and start cooking up domain names that start with "Chumby". (yes, I need to re-read that part of the terms - see if you allow use of the word chumby in this type of context - will do)

thanks,
jp

Many people are concerned about the condition of Politics in America today.  What they don't understand is that the Fathers of our Nation were shooting for maximum comedic value.  In that regard, our system of government has only improved with time. -- Mark Twain (if he were alive today and inhabiting my body)

Re: Hacker resources at Chumby

We've toyed with the idea of creating a developer exchange for chumby so that developers (Flash or otherwise) can be connected up with folks interested in employing their services to create widgets or other software for chumby.

We are in the process of creating our ecommerce system in order to allow people to actually purchase chumbys - I'll chase down the guy in charge and see what the opportunities are to include third-party products.

Obviously, the first thing our lawyers would say is that we need to discourage third-party registrations of domains using our trademark.  I'll try and get some clarification from the executive team on the official position.

If there are specific online resources you think we need to provide besides this forum and the wiki, please let us know.