Topic: led switch out

I just want to switch out the led. I don't have the actual chumby, this is for someone else, but I'd like to order the part. I checked the BOM and dnp didn't show up on the digikey search. Just want the same thing in a different color. any suggestions? what should I search for?
thanks!

Re: led switch out

What LED are you talking about? There isn't one I can find on my chumby tongue

The little dot in the upperleft is a light sensing hole ;-)

oh, crap. maybe I'm confused, I don't have an ee background or anything. I'm looking at
http://files.chumby.com/resources/Rev21_sch_release.pdf
page 2. it says diagnostic LED, ds100, r108?
I'll have the actual chumby in my hands soon to confirm... but I thought there was a green led?

I'm pretty sure don't actually ship the units with that LED installed - it was a diagnostic for very early one-off prototypes.  In any case, it would not be visible to a user.

thanks duane, I was way off. Any suggestions for an elegant way to work in an indicator light of some sort would be appreciated. Though I think I'm headed towards the route that avoids tampering with the main board. Curious if there will be any sort of chumby gathering at maker faire 07? it seems like a fitting venue...

Maybe it's just me, but I'd consider using the very nice 320x240 TFT display we've put on the device.  You can even display a picture of an LED wink