Topic: post current alarm screen

I don't want a completely redesigned alarm screen for the beta control panel - just a different one. Could I download the current one to modify?

Re: post current alarm screen

The current alarm ring screen is built in and tightly coupled to the Control Panel.  I suppose I could attempt to tweeze it out into a separate file if there's enough interest.

My assumption, based on the feedback we've received, was that people didn't like the current one, but that there was no consensus about what should be there instead. Some people wanted it to be easier to hit the snooze button, others wanted bigger stop buttons, some people wnated elaborate puzzles, etc.  The support for pluggable screens was an acknowledgment that there was nothing we could do that would make everyone happy.

ok. can you put up the pictures for the buttons that snooze and stop the alarm?

It would be nice to have a working sample alarm screen to start with - as long as it's working with FlashDevelop wink

It is a great idea to separate the alarm screen from the control panel, but I think with some more functions this would be more powerful. I think of especially two functions: one for dismissing the alarm screen without stopping the music (I usually listen to the music till I leave the house), and one for telling the backup-alarm that it doesn't need to ring (for the situation that the user is already puzzling something).

Christian wrote:

It would be nice to have a working sample alarm screen to start with - as long as it's working with FlashDevelop wink

I'll put something together - not sure I can be FlashDevelop friendly (I'm a Mac user), but we'll see.

It is a great idea to separate the alarm screen from the control panel, but I think with some more functions this would be more powerful. I think of especially two functions: one for dismissing the alarm screen without stopping the music (I usually listen to the music till I leave the house), and one for telling the backup-alarm that it doesn't need to ring (for the situation that the user is already puzzling something).

Hmm, I'll see what I can do here.  I'm digging through the code to see how disruptive that might be.

Duane wrote:

(I'm a Mac user)

I knew there was something I couldn't put my finger on...  LOL
MyridoM

When someone annoys me, it takes 42 muscles in my face to frown...but it takes only 4 muscles to extend my arm and b**ch-slap you!
http://haunterofthenight.com/ * new blog location

Curiously, most of the core engineering and IT people here use Macs, while the Flash devs and artists tend to use Windows.

This is the reverse of most companies.

No desktop Linux users in the house?

b75269 wrote:

No desktop Linux users in the house?

We generally run Linux (typically some flavor of Ubuntu) in VMware on the Macs....so, yeah, sort of.

Duane wrote:
Christian wrote:

I'll put something together - not sure I can be FlashDevelop friendly (I'm a Mac user), but we'll see.

Any progress on this topic? wink