Topic: Chumby ignored daylight savings time change for NSW (Australia)

Hi,

New South Wales in Australia went in to daylight savings at 2am this morning, but my chumby didn't automagically change to the new time (forwards one hour).

I have my chumby set up to update time from the internet.

Can you guys have a look into this?

Did anyone else notice the same behavior?

Thanks in advance,
Clippy

Re: Chumby ignored daylight savings time change for NSW (Australia)

Certain states in Australia seem to like to change their DST rules quite frequently.  Every time we do a firmware update, we get the latest DST information from nih.gov, however, since it's maintained by volunteers, it can occasionally be out of date, especially for countries like Australia, which often give very short notice on changes.

Sorry about the issue - I'm not sure why Australia like to do this so much, but we try to keep up and sometimes we don't succeed.

Duane wrote:

Sorry about the issue - I'm not sure why Australia like to do this so much, but we try to keep up and sometimes we don't succeed.

It's a hot topic down here; states that don't have it have been trialling it, while other states are trying to standardise the dates. That I believe was the reason for the last DST date change for NSW (it is now inline with Victoria, Australian Capital Territory, Tasmania and South Australia). Hopefully no more changes from here on.

More info here - http://www.australia.gov.au/about-austr … untry/time

P.S. worked fine in Victoria btw.

Ah k - thanks guys.

As with pretty much everything else around these parts I will blame our state government for making a meal of things... At least we didn't reject daylight savings... ;-)

Hey - my chumby (NSW Sydney) changed properly - I wasn't sure it would so I had another alarm set too but it worked perfectly. I have no idea why you had a problem.