Topic: forums and IE?

Is it me, or I am not able to post using IE 7 in the forums? Using mozilla this post goes through ... but I could have sworn I was getting an access denied error with IE ...

-sj

www.scottjanousek.com/blog | scottjanousek.mobi
Adobe Flash Lite Certified Training Instructor | Adobe Community Expert - Mobile & Devices
Coauthor, Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices - www.flashmobilebook.com
O_o ... Enjoy your chumby!

Re: forums and IE?

If you are able to reproduce this reliably, please let us know.

We've had scattered reports of problems across the board with IE7, from the forums, to the wiki, to the website itself.  Considering these are all different programs written in different languages (Perl, PHP and Ruby) from different vendors, across different servers, we're not sure what the common factor could be except that it's IE7.

Whatever's going on, we can't seem to reproduce it here.

3 (edited by scottjanousek 2007-04-12 13:34:02)

Re: forums and IE?

UPDATE: Perhaps it is my config ... twitter logged me out a few times as well ... already rebooted my machine, but perhaps I'll cycle my airport extreme as well ... weirdness, but if someone else confirms, perhaps it is something they did in a recent update, as I remember installing a few recently (not sure if they were IE related though).

--

Confirmed on the forums posting problem ...

I can login successfully using my u/p ... it then redirects and says I've logged in (I seem to have an active session) ... when I go to reply to the last post it kicks me out of logged in status ... and throws: "You do not have permission to access this page." I'm no longer logged in at this stage.

Running latest version of IE (7.0.5730.xx) with latest SP's ... and I can replicate it. *Could* be my setup. So, I'll just leave post open here to see if anyone else can confirm. I'm sure there are other more important things to address.

Using mozilla for now.

-sj

www.scottjanousek.com/blog | scottjanousek.mobi
Adobe Flash Lite Certified Training Instructor | Adobe Community Expert - Mobile & Devices
Coauthor, Foundation Flash Applications for Mobile Devices - www.flashmobilebook.com
O_o ... Enjoy your chumby!