Topic: interesting

I am actually pretty intrigued and amazed at the possibilities this platform provides.  I have many many ideas for this. 

Where can I read about the stipulations about developing and selling software for this? 

i want i want i want one... now
ill pay

Re: interesting

The mechanics and business of distributing software for the device is still under development.

In general, though you'll be able to upload a "widget" to our side and make it available just to yourself, your buddies, or submit to to us for approval to be exposed to the general public.

For lower-level hacking, all of the tools are open source.  We'll be adding information to the wiki on how to obtain and use the tools and source code.  Some of those links are already there.

We passed out a full SDK/HDK on CD at Foo camp, so anyone that has a chumby has everything.

3 (edited by ross 2006-08-27 13:03:45)

Downloading widgets from your site is cool and all, but it would be cooler if it could find services installed on a machine on my network using Zeroconf or something? Otherwise I'll never be able to turn the light on from a chumby (or better yet the coffee machine)  sad

The chumby runs zeroconf and advertises its presence on the network.

For instance, if you're running Safari, it shows up in your "Bonjour" menu. It's running a little httpd that puts up a status page.

That could be expanded to have the chumby recognize other services.

I'll add that as a feature request.

Thanks for your input.