1 (edited by moo02 2007-04-01 18:12:58)

Topic: games for chumby?

could games on chumby be availible? i mean like sidescrollers or interactive games? or does chumby have enough ram?

Re: games for chumby?

A couple of developers have ported some Flash games - I don't think any of them have marked them for public use yet.

Most games for FlashLite assume a keypad or other buttons, which of course the chumby does not have, so there's there's some modifications required.

ya but like couldnt u use the touch screen functions for something?

Yes - some game conversions are adding arrow buttons, etc., to reproduce the functionality of the keyboard.

A creative game developer could also use the accelerometer.

yes but like couldnt u be more creative by makeing th game revolve around the touch system. lik the ds

Of course.

Perhaps you can write one and submit it.

well if i had a chumby mabye i could test it out

Hi Duane and all Chumby Forum Members..

My Chumby game : Click Stick Game v1.1 is uploaded. I tired keeping the game play very simple and clear so that the end user (player) needs no brain .. Just Passion big_smile

The USP is the file size of the game : its just 14 KB (isn’t that Chumby friendly) and a very easy to play Game Play .As I donn have a chumby with me .. so I request people having it can try it, debug it and come up with feedback and suggestions (trust me I am good listener).

Its Uploaded Under : Entertainment > Click Stick Game v1.1

If this game works fine .. one more game is on a way to be Published.. So feedback is very much needed smile

One that I'm working on (that I just added so you can test it), uses the accelerometer as input, along with the screen (as one giant button, however).

Its Bubble Popper, under Entertainment.

There are a few bugs left to be worked out, and it takes up a bit to much memory if you start popping too many too quickly tongue

yay!

Its under games now, and most of the bugs are ironed out.
The reason its still in beta is that I need to tweak the graphics