Re: *Where* is your chumby?

Darth Chumby generally hangs out with the Emperor ( my laptop ) on my home computer desk, but he goes to work with me some days

Help I'm stuck inside a latte Chumby with a Supermodel

Usually keep mine at home beside my side of the bed but when certain people come to my office for meetings I usually make sure its on my desk as it makes a great little "small talk item"! 

Gotta agree.....LOVE the new battery pack!

***Join the "Widget Lovers Unite!" Facebook Group!***
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 … 3404925571

One in the bedroom and one in the living room.

Mine is on my desk.  The next one, I buy for my wife, will be in the bedroom on her night stand.

smile

Ed

In the bedroom, acting as an alarm clock on steroids.  Since it isn't really practical to move it without having to power it off and back on, why would anyone bother moving it around with them?  If you could unplug it and move it to another room without having to go through the startup, that'd make me consider relocating it once in a while.  More than likely (good news for Chumby), I'd consider buying another one (or more than one) if I really felt like I needed one in a different room.  Probably have to get a good deal cheaper ($99 maybe?) before I'd seriously consider having another somewhere else in the house... although I may break down at some point and get the wife one for her side of the bed.

I've recently added one for the office.

Duane wrote:

I'm curious about where your chumbys are.

Do you have your chumby at home, or at work/school?

I have them in all these locations sometimes.

Duane wrote:

If in the home, where is it?  Bedroom? Family room? Kitchen? Bathroom? Somewhere else?

Usually in the bedroom but you never know when one will pop up.

Duane wrote:

If you moved it, why?

I've moved it because it can get uncomfortable at times forcing me to rearrange it.

Duane wrote:

Do you find yourself moving the chumby frequently?  If so, do you change what it does based on location or time?

If it's in the bedroom I usually put it to good use but otherwise I just let it do it's thing.

Duane wrote:

Do you find yourself tempted to get more than one to put in different places?

Oh god no! I'm straight and wouldn't want additional chumby's put in different places at all. =X

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/Flama22/drum.gif

Bedroom, on the bed headboard above our heads. Nice for wake up music and clock display. A little far away (unless you're in bed) to see the smaller textual content like news but great for clocks.

59 (edited by blobby 2008-10-24 20:37:20)

Bedroom, on table next to bed/bedside table/nightstand

In my bedroom, on my nightstand.  Wakes me up, puts me to sleep, keeps me wired - greatest gadget ever!  Chumby ROCKS!  (tell me how to participate in the IPO).

Maynard, is kept on my night stand.
So i can access it first thing in the morning.
No plans to move it.

Gale is in my room at night, follows me into the living room to hum talk radio at me during the day.  At least for a few more days.  I've got a second one coming to save the commute.

63 (edited by dibbc 2009-01-04 17:40:59)

In the kitchen for the wife to listen to pandora and shoutcast.

Wife calls it the "chubby", makes me laugh.

dibbc wrote:

Wife calls it the "chubby", makes me laugh.

My wife did that for a while, just to get antagonize me. smile

This is for Duane because I teased him about it before! When my husband gave me my Chumby on November 15, 2007, I had never seen, much less heard of a Chumby and I said "What the Heck is that thing?"

I wrote about that in January 2008 on the "What did you name your Chumby" thread, when I registered and posted for the first time, and the next thing I remember was a big red circle and Chumby's new ad campaign: "What the heck is a Chumby". I am willing to acquiesce that Chumby MIGHT have come up with it first!

My Chumby [Milo] is at work on my desk M-F and in the kitchen next to my Roku SoundBridge Radio on weekends.

BTW, My wife calls it a Gumby

I had it in my office. I took it to home last December.. Where inside my home? no doubt closer to me .. My bedroom

My night stand. I wanted the Chumby most of all as an alarm that wakes me up to the tunes I do choose smile

My Chumby moves around a bit.  During the evenings, when I'm in the living room, it sits on the coffee table.  At night and in the morning, it's on my nightstand.

In my office but I have 2 extra power cords - one for my nightstand and one near my amp so I can pump internet radio through my sound system.

My chumby, called « Mon truc marrant tout mou », is in the bedroom as a smart alarm-clock-whatever-I-want.

I use it to listen to some post-rock netradio while playing in Chumbyland before sleeping. Also, I am doing quick checks on emails, tweets and social networks. Maybe also a couple of blogs (thanks Yahoo pipes), but mostly webcomics.

Used to sit next to the bed - but is now relegated to the floor unplugged and waiting to go on Ebay i guess sad

One's in the bedroom, the other's in my office at work, here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2 … 8868183950
My wife has two, also (one's in her home office, I'm not sure where the other one is)!

74 (edited by adrenalynn 2009-10-30 16:26:34)

Somewhere in the [independent] postal system at the moment.  sad

It's destined for the lab for a month or two - a little quality time getting to know the rework station, 'scopes and the electronics test-bench and then over to the embedded-dev bench, some time in a friend's woodshop, and eventually the nightstand by the bed - if all goes to plan.

---
I Void Warranties (tm)

In the living room, next to my tv