Topic: Escalating Brightness on Alarm

If it's already there, I've missed it . . .

We've got an escalating audio alarm, which is great. What would also be cool is to have the brightness of the display escalate in sync with the volume of the audio . . . that alarm snooze/shutoff screen is like a freakin' sunlamp while the audio portion very gradually grows more insistent smile

Re: Escalating Brightness on Alarm

Unfortunately, the 3.7 (aka "2008") chumby devices don't have graduated brightness - they only support "off", "dim" and "bright", and the "dim" setting is not alterable.  This restriction is in the hardware.

This *might* be possible on the 3.8 (aka "2009") chumbys.  I'll forward the request to Product Management.

Re: Escalating Brightness on Alarm

Duane wrote:

Unfortunately, the 3.7 (aka "2008") chumby devices don't have graduated brightness - they only support "off", "dim" and "bright", and the "dim" setting is not alterable.  This restriction is in the hardware.

This *might* be possible on the 3.8 (aka "2009") chumbys.  I'll forward the request to Product Management.

Well, I'm a relative Chumby Newbie, with a 2009 model, so I'm game for anything that comes down the pike. I suspect that your partnerships with Samsung, Marvell, Broadcom, etc. will provide hardware that can also take advantage of such a feature.

Thanks for forwarding this to Product Management. This feature is something I've seen in other products . . . I think one of them was in the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog smile