Topic: Widget Stats

Just a small feature suggestion. As a widget developer it would be really nice if we could see stats for how many people have our widgets on their Chumbies.

Re: Widget Stats

Agreed.
It could also be helpful to know what kind of widgets people want :-)

rmbeaty wrote:

Just a small feature suggestion. As a widget developer it would be really nice if we could see stats for how many people have our widgets on their Chumbies.

That's a good idea - I'll file a feature request for it.

zachninme wrote:

It could also be helpful to know what kind of widgets people want :-)

Not sure about that - I guess we can add a form to our site, but at the moment we can't know what people want without hiring psychics.  You *could* take a look at some of the desktop widget systems to see what's popular that also makes sense to have on the chumby.

We have compiled a list internally - I'l see what we can do to make that list public.

I can also add a "Widget Requests" section to the forum.

We have had people make requests that are really tough to do because the necessary content isn't available - either at all, or in a form suitable for consumption by FlashLite.  For instance, we hear a lot of people want webcams (like for skateboard parks, beaches, traffic, etc), but decent webcams are few and far between and oftern use some proprietary client or image format.