Topic: What happened to Chumby.com?

What is going on with Chumby.com? For over a day now, the site has been unavailable, and my Chumby has been useless as it can´t connect. What´s going on?

Re: What happened to Chumby.com?

Site's there for me and was there yesterday - chumby is connecting fine.

One of those odd DNS farts again maybe?

As far as we know,  everything's fine at our end.

We haven't changed anything - no DNS changes, no server changes.  We don't have any outage reports from the ISP, nothing in Customer Service related to site outages.

Gomek wrote:

What is going on with Chumby.com? For over a day now, the site has been unavailable, and my Chumby has been useless as it can´t connect. What´s going on?

the site is, and has been, completely fine.  have you tried rebooting your chumby or at least making sure it has a valid IP
address on your wifi network?

/mdkail

it´s fine now, just started working again. But how weird was that? I could get on Chumby forums but not the main site. Could the fact that I live in Spain be an issue? Anyway, it´s actually working better than before since now Pandora and iheartradio works, which didn´t before.

While I´ve got your ear, I still can´t manage to make the Chumby work with my Slimserver, which is one of the main reasons I bought it. I assume another thread would be better for this question, or can you handle it here?

Gomek wrote:

it´s fine now, just started working again. But how weird was that? I could get on Chumby forums but not the main site. Could the fact that I live in Spain be an issue? Anyway, it´s actually working better than before since now Pandora and iheartradio works, which didn´t before.

While I´ve got your ear, I still can´t manage to make the Chumby work with my Slimserver, which is one of the main reasons I bought it. I assume another thread would be better for this question, or can you handle it here?

I can't say I am on the most reliable ISP in the world, but I have had the same issue a handful of times, the forums would come up and not the site.  Everything is usually back to normal within a few seconds or so.

Slimserver is talked about quite a bit in the forums.  I would suggest a quick search on the subject.

Welcome aboard.

Cheers.

tismey wrote:

Did that happened already earlier?

forexsystemprofi wrote:
tismey wrote:

Did that happened already earlier?

i don't understand what you're asking, but there haven't been any issues with either chumby.com or our DNS providers.

/mdkail

9 (edited by servalan 2008-12-22 14:34:04)

My chumby was off the air with the error: chumby.com is unreachable. No changes here - network connection is working fine.

The chumby is connected to the network fine:
$ ping 192.168.1.23

Pinging 192.168.1.23 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.1.23: bytes=32 time=6ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.23: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.23: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.23:
    Packets: Sent = 3, Received = 3, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 2ms

When the chumby soft boots (i.e. reboot from the hidden panel' it said chumby.com is unreachable. A cold reboot - i.e. power off/power on reset the chumby ok. So there is something odd going on.

<Also away until the 2nd January>

My chumby has been giving me problems the past couple days or so. Keep getting cannot resolve IP address and unable to connect to chumby.com, yet my internet is working perfectly fine AND I am perfectly able to access the chumby website. This is really beginning to piss me off.

cg41386 wrote:

My chumby has been giving me problems the past couple days or so. Keep getting cannot resolve IP address and unable to connect to chumby.com, yet my internet is working perfectly fine AND I am perfectly able to access the chumby website. This is really beginning to piss me off.

You might need to check your own stuff. If this information helps, I haven't been 'off' at all. No disconnects, no inability to access website, no chumby cutting off. I'm not technical, my husband hooked mine all up, but it works and hasn't stopped.

cg41386 wrote:

the first thing you should do is verify that your Chumby still has it's network connection. 

settings -> chumby info

you should see it associated with your SSID and it should also have a valid ip address for your wi-fi network.  if that's not the
case, you need to re-establish the wi-fi connection.

if you continue to have problems, please don't hesitate to contact our support team.

/mdkail

I originally was able to connect to the network and configure the device. Upon starting the pandora streaming service my chumby crashed and now am completely unable to connect. Nothing has changed on the chumby and I am getting the "chumby.com is unreachable" message that is so common on these forums.

Steps taken...
1. Opened AP to no password
2. Restored to factory settings
3. Tried 20 to 30 times without success by going Back and OK to attempt to connect

I am pretty sure that my chumby is functioning since it worked out of the box but since it crashed with pandora I am not having any luck.

help? Is chumby.com down again?

jimmyc wrote:

help? Is chumby.com down again?

no, chumby.com is not down.

did you follow the instructions in my post prior to yours to see if your Chumby has acquired a valid IP address?

more help here

http://www.chumby.com/help/faq

/mdkail

jimmyc wrote:

Upon starting the pandora streaming service my chumby crashed and now am completely unable to connect. Nothing has changed on the chumby and I am getting the "chumby.com is unreachable" message that is so common on these forums.

I am pretty sure that my chumby is functioning since it worked out of the box but since it crashed with pandora I am not having any luck.

I've had similar issues as you've had for the last two days. I finally resolved it by choosing to enter my IP address and related information (Subnet mask, DNS info, etc.) MANUALLY rather than letting the Chumby try to automatically set the IP and network information. I was able to find the DNS information by logging into my D-Link wireless router and pulling up the WAN information located in the "Status > Device Info" section
(I suspect that other brands of routers would have similar information sections). This is the information I used for my network, but your info would probably be quite similar:

IP Address: 192.168.0.179 (I chose "179" because I knew it was a high enough number that my other computers on the network wouldn't be using it)
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS 1 and 2 (or primary and secondary DNS): Both of these values have a similar format on my router as the ones listed above (that is, something like "NN.NNN.N.NN"), and in my D-Link router info they are both listed on a single line (i.e. "DNS  12.345.6.78 12.345.6.79")

Once I entered this information manually, the Chumby loaded its operating system and worked perfectly.

Hope this helps,
Michael

Mine is still fine, if that information helps. It is not chumby's issue, IMHO.

Without any warning both of my Chumbys indicate "Not Connected" and when I tried chumby.com I received the message "Sorry! This page not available.".  I powered down one of my Chumby Ones and when I powered it up again, it got as far as saying it was downloading the Control Panel but never did. It just sits there. I also have a Roku Soundbridge and a Logitech Squeezebox and they continue to function properly. Anyone know what is going on?

We're are having an unscheduled outage - we're working on it.

triazonia seems to be a spammer weirdo

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.