Re: Listen to Sirius/XM Radio

The one problem with Sirius online is not *all* channels are updatable and the list actually changes periodically...
Nothing you can do CB... but seeing it update itself even if only weekly would be useful.. wink

Hello.

I don't want to cross post, but I put information about new updates to uSirius and uXM here:

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=17453#p17453

If you use TVersity and want to wake up to Sirius or XM on your Chumby, you may want to check it out.

-- Jason

28 (edited by hlcno 2008-10-16 23:26:47)

http://www.millardsoftware.com/content/ … andidate-4

I see uxm was just released and says has chumby support using TVersity. Gonna check it out and report back.

Okay works great. You just have to install tversity, leave the server running, install uxm, run uxm, in settings there's a tversity tab, dump your local ip in and the port tversity is running on, the default port is listed in the uxm example.

Start the uxm server, go to urls, go to the tversity drop down, pick a channel you like, for me 202 o&a baby! put that url into your my stream (mp3) and bam you got xm on your chumby.

Of course you can setup each channel if you want, take awhile tho.

If there was some way of programmatically / externally adding channels to Chumby, I would add support to uSirius/uXM in a minute.

It would really be nice if you could configure the stream names and urls through the web site.

-- Jason

30 (edited by hlcno 2008-10-17 07:59:52)

jsm174 wrote:

If there was some way of programmatically / externally adding channels to Chumby, I would add support to uSirius/uXM in a minute.

It would really be nice if you could configure the stream names and urls through the web site.

-- Jason

Well with uxm  you could in theory. There's a feeds tab that gives you xml feeds for all channels or you can have feeds for specific groups.

So if you made a widget, or if the chumby guys allowed XML (just manually put in the one all category url) in the streamer you could populate a list of channels and select them to play etc.

Of course you'd have to have uxm running all the time on another machine, but i keep my pc on all the time so not that big of a deal.

All you XM Listeners, I have spend about 12 hours trying to get xm to work on my Chumby and because of the merger none of the stuff that other ppl put in this forum work.

The software you need to get the stream location is

UXM 1.orc4

Good luck

I'm a little late to the show.

I tried the Tversity...that isn't going to happen...too complicated when it came to the next to the last step...never could find the documentation I was suppose to clip....

I have Orb loaded...got through the uSirius steps...ran the widget on the Chumby and all I get is - "your computer does not appear to be running the orb software."

I thought if I had it up it was running....what am I missing?
Do I actually have to be playing a stream?

I'm completely lost!

Would the new version of uSirius (8) not work with the Orb method?