Topic: case; fm tuner?

your website suggests using the cumby as a very smart replacement for your AM/FM alarm clock.
will there be an fm tuner in the chumby? (or will it rely on web streaming? (would need at least MP3 and WMA support) I could not find an anlog tuner in the hardware specs?

The case design photographed (white with leather) looks really cuddly/girly.
Will there be alternate case packages/colors available? (like black, carbon e.g.)???

A real shame I have to wait until june 07??? I'd like to purchase at least two of those thingies right away smile

Re: case; fm tuner?

The chumby does not have an AM/FM radio - the intent was to stream music from the Internet or attached storage with MP3 files. The chumby does not currently support WMA.

There will be several color combinations for the case, however, the first shipping model will still be in a soft case.  As you may know, the electronics module can readily be removed and built into a new enclosure if you'd like to try something that better suits your needs.

At the moment, the prototype chumby is offered in cream/brown and black/black.  I have one of each - frankly, they don't seem to "girly" to me in reality. The cream/brown photographs better, which is why we tend to use it more on the site.

Depending upon how successful the device becomes in the market, we will likely offer alternative form factors.