Topic: Duplicating widgets in a channel on the web site

I often duplicate widgets within a large channel to get particularly useful ones to appear more than once in a cycle. It would be nice to be able to do this with drag-and-drop (to save reconfiguring each time). Presumably shift or ctrl could be used to make the drag copy instead of move.

Re: Duplicating widgets in a channel on the web site

To save the config data, just "send" the widget to yourself. You can make as many copies this way just by sending it over and over.

-HuckFinn

Great! I had not thought of that. Thanks.

I think there are a couple of stages of being new to chumby.  The first being to load up a bajillion channels and then lament there's no clock being shown often enough.  Then there's the rearranging phase, possibly including the inserting of a few extra clock widgets.  Then there's the experimenting with other channels phase, which is somewhat short-lived until discovering the custom alarms that let you switch channels based on days/times. 

But once you get to the phase of experimenting with other channels you start to want more functions on the website.  It would really help to have a 'move' option for  widget.  On the main channel page would be great, but possibly too cluttered.  Having a move option on the widget's own page (as part of your channel) would be very handy.  That and perhaps a Copy option to allow not just copying to another channel, but within the same channel.

In general though there's really not much missing in either location.  It's amazing to see how well the whole chumby experience is coming together!

it is a bit early for me to tell... but I certainly believe your description of going through "phases". I just hope there is not a phase where the Chumby just gathers dust :-)

Mind you, here in the UK I'm sure there is a good market for used Chumbys - they are hard to get hold of unless you travel to the US frequently.

Thanks for the tip. Have fun.

I think with the right mix of channels with a sprinkling of clocks in-between it will remain useful.  I find it most useful as an 'edge of peripheral vision' sort of reminder.  Much like a billboard on the side of a bus or top of a taxicab.  Not in the advertising sense though, there's enough of that crap on websites.  I think this will be a bit foreign to most folks.  Some will want it to be in their face all the time, "doing something for them".  Others might want it to be nothing more than a better clock radio.  Hopefully some will find it more useful than that.