Topic: Software 1.5.0

My chumby keeps prompting me that a software update is available. When I tell it to install the update the chumby reboots and sits at the "loading special options" screen. I had left it going for 8 hours and it just sat at the "loading special options screen". I turned the chumby off, rebooted it and it did the same thing. I rebooted it again, tapped the screen, and the chumby booted normally. So then I tried loading the 1.5.0 software onto a flash drive. I turned the chumby off, inserted the USB drive, held my finger on the screen and turned the chumby on. Again it just sits at the "loading special options" screen. Can anyone tell my why my chumby won't load the new software?

Thanks,
-Garrett

Re: Software 1.5.0

Please contact Customer Support - they should be able to help you.

I am waiting for customer support on the same issue. Was there any resolution?

This particular behavior can be symptomatic of a lot of things, so there's no one "answer".  Customer Support is equipped to pin down the cause and provide an appropriate solution.

This may be due to improper handling of sequential bad blocks while writing to NAND flash, which was resolved in the 1.4.0 firmware.  There's a chance that the firmware image was burned during manufacturing using the old method.  Have either of you ever been able to boot successfully into 'special options' mode?

Try this:

1. extract the following zip file to a USB drive: http://files.chumby.com/resources/repai … ks-1.5.zip
2. insert the drive into a chumby USB port and boot normally - the device should automatically perform an update
3. when the update has completed, power off the device and boot into 'special options' mode (by holding down the touch screen for 5 seconds during power-on)
4. the device should update itself again, forcing a reboot and then one last update

Please post back and let me know if this worked for you.