Topic: Physical interface?

In terms of hardware, what type of input is there to interface with the chumby? Looking at it i would be assuming it would use a touch screen or something along those lines? Or will it have buttons on or around the device wich you can press?

Re: Physical interface?

Touchscreen, Bend Sensor (read through ADC), Ambient Light Sensor (read through same ADC).

The default Chumbilical has one USB port.
The HSP adds 8 Digital Ins, 8 Digitial Outs, a bunch of analog outs, 1 accelerometer.

No buttons, no dials, nothing by default.
This can all be found on the corporate site under the "Hardware" section.

3 (edited by calibration263 2006-09-14 04:53:32)

Re: Physical interface?

okay thank you. Yah for some reason whenever i try to go to any of those sections it sends me to a "developers" page, wich says

"Modify.

Love your chumby, but just wish it had that extra feature, or had a different look that matched your bedsheets better? Look no further. As the adage goes, "the customer is always right," and chumby endeavors to enable you to have it your way.

Please read and agree to the HDK/SDK Agreement before using materials provided here. We hope you find it to be friendly. And most importantly, hacking your chumby will void your warranty, but there is a support forum you can consult in case something goes wrong!

The Chumby HDK/SDK Agreement "

It could be because i am using firefox or something, i had just assumed though that that portion of the site hadn't been finished. Thank you for an answer though.

Edit: Never mind, i take that back, i just had to agree to the HDK/SDK thing to view it.... just a human error....