Topic: Promotional emails from Chumby.com - chumby survey

Yesterday I got an email from Chumby Industries - a Chumby Survey. I have no problem with that.

However, I received it on my Gmail account on my iPod Touch via IMAP. The contents of the email were in fact a PayPal email. I had to check it on my Mac using web based Gmail to see the proper contents.

The survey does not work in Safari, by the way. I had to use Firefox

Re: Promotional emails from Chumby.com - chumby survey

Could you please forward me the e-mail that you received? [ mike @ chumby . com ]

Thanks, and sorry for this.

/mdkail

I also received this email. Is this in fact a promotional email from Chumby or was it a phishing scam? I happily answered the survey, but your response above makes me think Chumby was not aware of this email.

-HuckFinn

We did send out the survey email, however, we want to get a hold of the alleged "PayPal" email that gingerbreadman received so we can figure out what's happening there.

5 (edited by gingerbeardman 2008-03-26 09:59:56)

I have forwarded mike my two versions of this email.

1) from my iPod (IMAP from Gmail) which contains body text referring to a PayPal promotion
2) from my Mac (web based Gmail) which contains body text referring to the Chumby Survey

Sadly I cannot forward full email headers from the iPod mail client.

Also, I did not receive any PayPal related emails at the same or similar time to the Chumby Survey email. My initial thoughts were that the body could have been mixed up from another email in my inbox.

Could have been a Gmail issue?

The definitive answer is that Chumby Industries did indeed send an e-mail last night that contained a link to a
survey.  It was _not_ a phishing scam and I believe the isolated problem that gingerbeardman experienced was
a corrupt IMAP cache on his iPod Touch.

/mdkail

Thanks for the feedback Mike

Sorry for the false alarm.

Ok, I apologize for claiming it to be a phishing scam. It was not my intent, I was just concerned by your post. I happily answered the survey and would do so again.

Thanks for the quick reply.

-HuckFinn