Topic: Place to Meet Chums

Since I am not a flash developer, Just a PHP, I cannot create any widgets to share with the chumby community. I however just opened a website for people to meet new chums(Chumby Friends). The site is MyChums.org.

Tell me what you think

Re: Place to Meet Chums

I think your site will come in handy once the Chumby has launched and there are more users that are interested in networking rather the developing.

Why use Windows when you can use something else???

My Thoughts Exactly, I have changed the site from PHPBB to phpizabi. Phpizabi is a very popular social networking application, I think this better suites the cause.

I will be looking for people to help Moderate when the page becomes more active

4 (edited by chumbyluv 2008-01-15 13:41:53)

Kmyers----I tried to sign up at mychums.org but I didnt get a confirmation email.  tried to email for help but that will not go either.  I also tried to re-register but am told that the email address is already registered.  what should I do?

thanks

5 (edited by KMyers 2008-01-15 12:42:11)

It should be fixed, If I were you I would remove the e-mail address from the above post (Reduce Spams). Thanks for pointing it out

Love the idea. Might also recommend setting it up on ning.com. A lot of folks are using it as a back-end for social-network sites... and it allows you to use your own domain and branding.

Just a thought.

I think Phpizabi is the best way to go, Since it is open-source, and the database is is hosted by me, It would make it possable to create Widgits to run on the chumby directly (Alert if someone IM's you, etc)

Thanks I got it to work.  smile

chumbyluv wrote:

Thanks I got it to work.  smile

Great to hear, I will be looking for developers/moderators to help witht he page soon

Nice.
Which OS are you running PHPizabi on?

I've tried WAMP (On XP), ClarkConnect, even CentOS and BlueQuarts on spare boxes.. No luck in getting PHPizabi to run. Handshakes will run, but I'm not very keen on that script.
But my Apple server won't take anymore domains. That's really getting me down.

Music Tames The Savage Beast

As does PHP and Perl.

11 (edited by KMyers 2008-03-18 20:52:18)

CentOS Enterprise, I am going to move it to my nex box in a few days with Apache

12 (edited by HammyHavoc 2008-03-18 20:57:26)

Thanks [:
Ah, I was just using CentOS basic.
I might try out Enterprise, I doubt my spare box will fall over, it's hardly low spec (2ghz, 1gb DDR, 200gb sata). I seriously doubt I'd get a lot of traffic.

What's the CPU load like on your current box? It seems to run really smoothly which is a nice change from MySpace or the like.

Doesn't CentOS come with Apache? >.< Correct me if I'm wrong but that was one of my main reasons for picking it, it had pretty much everything I would ever need, Apache, PHP, MySQL etc

As does PHP and Perl.

Well I have 2 Virtual Deticated servers that Each run 3 GHZ and 2 (and 4) gb of RAM

I do resell services at on the New box, E-Mail me if interested KMyers @ K-Disk.com

Nice gear.

I'll definitely consider it [:

As does PHP and Perl.

And yes, CentOS does come with Apache

16 (edited by KMyers 2008-03-29 09:02:50)

Hey Guys, I am currently EXTREAMLY Busy and would like to know if someone would like to take over the MyChums.org Site. I own the host that it will be on, so I can provide the hosting and domain for Free as long as you choose to run it. Please e-mail me if interested. at KMYERS @ K-DISK.COM