Topic: Chumby says not activated and not showing channel

My Chumby is not showing any of the channels when I go to the control panel.  Has a message saying it is not activated, but no way to activate.

Have contacted support.

Can't believe how much I miss it already!

Re: Chumby says not activated and not showing channel

I deactivated my chumby, by deleting it from the My Chumby, still shows Not Activated.  Tried with a different name.  Now it shows the default channel, but won't let me change to another channel.

Kathleen, did you ever figure this out?  Having the same problem.

In kathleen's case, it was a server problem with a "bad" widget.  Try setting up a channel with a simple clock and setting your chumby to that channel and see if the problem goes away.

thanks--did the rest and reboot thing and that seems to have worked...

I wonder if I just had a similar experience.  Created a new channel (cute -- for my daughter).  Also loaded the "Flash Lite Chumb-ilities" widget on the current channet.  Went to the Chumby, but cute wasn't available yet.  Hit refresh.  Noticed that the bar above the widget now displayed "avitivate" rather than the widget name.  Cute showed up in the channel, selected that, but still needed to activate.

Rebooting Chumby fixed things, but it was a bit weird.  I don't like using Microsoft troubleshooting techniques on non-windows boxes!

Hmmm...OK, we'll look into that.

Duane,

I had something happen this morning that may provide a clue.  My first alarm of the day went off w/o sound.  I saw the light, turned off the alarm, and put it back in night mode.  I am a bit fuzzy (since i was pretty much a sleep at the time), but at some point Chumby came back with needing to activate.  So I did the reboot.  It came up  to a text screen that said Chumby couldn't establish a connection, to reboot, and if I continued having trouble what I'm supposed to do.  I rebooted, got the screen again.

Now my laptop sometimes has problems with the wireless.  I have to bring the connection down and back up.  So I figured it's time to check out the connection.  Bring up the laptop, no issues with the wireless (not saying there weren't in the middle of the night, but not right then).  Reboot chumby, and it boots just fine, and goes straight to the widgets w/o asking me which wireless connect I want.

Anyway, I wonder if my wireless dropped for a bit, and then when the Alarm was turned off and I tried to bring it back to night mode if that did the ol' deactivate thingy.  Sorry I can't remember fer shur what happened this morning.