1 (edited by gingerbeardman 2008-03-11 06:16:58)

Topic: Forum avatars reset?

A few days ago I changed my avatar, but when I visited the forum today it has reverted to my old one.

I have no set it to my new one again, in the hope that it will remain

Any ideas?

Thanks,
matt

Re: Forum avatars reset?

I see the the ginger-bearded gingerebread man; is this what you expect?  If you're not getting this, try refreshing your cache.

You're only seeing that because I just re-uploaded it, please read my question again smile

When I logged in this morning, it was back to my old one (Nintendo Wii home icon)

we haven't done anything with the database that houses this forum, so i guess i don't currently have a good
answer to your issue.  are you *sure* that successfully changed your avatar a few days ago?

/mdkail

5 (edited by gingerbeardman 2008-03-11 09:05:22)

Yes, super sure, because I had to manipulate the image to get it under 80x80px, and had to do that all over again today.

Anyway, it's not that important...

matt

ok, i found the issue, it was on my end.  i'm sorry about this and will implement the long-term fix.  the short version
is that the forum is now in a load-balanced environment and the uploaded avatar directory[s] weren't getting sync'ed.

/mdkail

Phew! Glad I'm not going mad with all these long hours.

Have you had any luck fixing this?

(because it still seems broken)

thanks

gingerbeardman wrote:

Have you had any luck fixing this?

(because it still seems broken)

thanks

i sync the avatars directory between the clustered hosts every hour and haven't seen any ``file does not exist'' errors
in the logs since 3/11.  i'll bump up the sync frequence to every 5 minutes, so, update your avatar, wait over 5 minutes,
then try it.

/mdkail