Topic: I'd love my Chumby even more if ...

... it had an image viewer widget. I'd imaging that the Chumby server would act as a proxy, grabbing an image at a URL and resizing it to 320x240. Then I could point it at a load of webcams. Or at the radar map for my area. Or, to any image on the web, static or otherwise. Basically, like the RSS feed widget, only for images.

... it had a World Clock widget with one of those shaded world maps. I actually do like to know when it's daylight in Norway.

... the Flickr widget could show a particular photo-set. Right now, I stick a special tag on photos I want my Chumby to show. Just gotta hope no one else uses that tag.

... it did Internet radio. (Yeah, everyone wants that.) I use SlimServer. An alternative, that might be easy to do, is to support something called "Wii Transfer." It's designed to let you play your iTunes stuff via Opera on your Wii. But the client works in a plain old browser, is already Flash-based, and is already optimized for a low-res screen. (Alas, the server is Mac only.)

... the archive.org movie widgets would just play the movies, timing out upon completion, rather than requiring a click to start the video.

... you just had a monthly fee instead of ads. The ads don't bother me. But I worry about how well that will work in the long term. A monthly fee would rap up with the number of Chumby users. Ads won't ramp up until you hit some critical mass of owners, which you may never. (I hope you do. But, this is a fairly specialized product.)

Re: I'd love my Chumby even more if ...

if it could play pictures and mp3/ogg/flac files from usb memory
I love that everything is software and can be updated/changed.  A great idea for a great product.
I love that I won't need a new one when new features come!

Re: I'd love my Chumby even more if ...

Actually, what I would really love would be if it could play MLB Gameday, which is a Flash-based baseball game update thingie.

But it would have to be way simplified. Plus, I doubt MLB would play ball. (Ouch!)