Topic: Failure to authorize from Sony

I had one Dash that I have (had) been keeping attached to Sony to see how long the servers would stick around.  Well I got the final nail in the coffin with the "Failure to Authorize" this morning.

Re: Failure to authorize from Sony

Same here.  Kept both my Dashes on Sony since the Sony default clock and theme were all I needed.  Now they both say, "Failed to authorize: Missing XAPI service node".  I noticed it around midnight last night.  Looks like it's finally time to Chumbyize.

Of course, that also happened under "normal" conditions so I don't know if it is actually the end or not. wink

Well..  The other error about not being able to download the control panel appeared later.  So...  another Sony Dash got its Chumby wings!

Yep. Same here. Unfortunately I've got the HID-B7 which can't be Chumby'fied yet. Any word on if and when that might be possible for the HID-B7?

6 (edited by jrbreunig 2017-10-06 15:09:19)

Same here... I have five HID-B70s.  Two stopped responding, so I power cycled them, and now they will not authorize.  The other three are still working, mostly.  The National Weather Service (NWS) app stopped working.  I am guessing it is only a matter of time before the last three experience an issue, and they too will fail to authorized.

Hopefully I will be able to Chumbyize them sometime soon like the HID-C10!  smile