Topic: Can't GO Back to Dash v1526

Hi,
I have 2 Sony Dash clocks that right now have v1604 on them, but I need to downgrade to v1526 to upload the Chumby software.  The problem is that I have tried everything to download and I will not let me.  USB is FAT32, found the files etc, but when I try, the Download from USB button on the dash is greyed out.  What am I doing wrong?  I have downloaded everything from a Mac.  Could that be the issue?

Thanks!

Re: Can't GO Back to Dash v1526

I do all of my development on a Mac, so that shouldn't be an issue.

At this point, the most likely cause is that the dash is not able to read the dongle itself.  As mentioned in a couple of the posts, the dash is very picky when it comes to USB dongles.  Please try another one.

shburns3 wrote:

Hi,
I have 2 Sony Dash clocks that right now have v1604 on them, but I need to downgrade to v1526 to upload the Chumby software.  The problem is that I have tried everything to download and I will not let me.  USB is FAT32, found the files etc, but when I try, the Download from USB button on the dash is greyed out.  What am I doing wrong?  I have downloaded everything from a Mac.  Could that be the issue?

Thanks!

If you're at 1604 and it's *working* (not bricked, not flashing sony light) then all you need to do is copy the update.zip file onto a usb stick, make sure it's a good copy and it's called "update.zip". If it doesn't have a name that the dash likes, it won't let you hit the button.  If your USB has a light on it, it should flicker a couple of times before you get to the menu with the buttons.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Hi,
I have a Sony Dash C10. I was able to downgrade to v1526 and also uploaded Chumby software using the unbrick instructions.
Still not working. Sony light still flashing.  What am I doing wrong?

Can I buy a Chumby software flash drive?

jwilliford820 wrote:

Hi,
I have a Sony Dash C10. I was able to downgrade to v1526 and also uploaded Chumby software using the unbrick instructions.
Still not working. Sony light still flashing.  What am I doing wrong?

I don't understand what you're saying.

If you were able to downgrade to 1526, then you'd have the regular dash boot up sequence.

If you've got a flashing SONY light, then you've got the bricked firmware 1604.

The chumby software has nothing to do with the unbrick process.

Go back through the unbrick process first, and get your Dash back to 1526. (link at top of the page).

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.