Re: It's working again!

Just installed the new update to my dash and hooked it to Chumby.  It's wonderful!! Right now I just have the native apps running.  I read earlier that the weather would flip/alternate with the clock, but mine seems to revert back to the clock and require a manual touch.  I know more development is to come, but can you let me know if I have a misplaced setting?
Thank you for all your fantastic work!  Don't suppose you are working on 2-3 week sprints :-D  When should I look for the next update?

Topic: It's working again!

Thanks to all of you!  My Dash is back up and running!  Awesome!  I followed the steps outlined and it worked perfectly.  It even remembered my wifi settings and alarm clock setting!  I can't thank you enough.  My next step is to set up the monthly payments to you guys for all your hard work and see what widgets are available!  Thanks again!

Just got one of mine going, painless install.

ekolatch wrote:

I read earlier that the weather would flip/alternate with the clock, but mine seems to revert back to the clock and require a manual touch.  I know more development is to come, but can you let me know if I have a misplaced setting?

There's no setting I know of to keep the space theme stuck on the clock.  it should alternate without any input.

ekolatch wrote:

When should I look for the next update?

When it's ready.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Nice work, Duane.  Very smooth switch to your system so far.  Here's hoping my alarm goes off in the morning!

Thanks!

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred" - Superchicken

The patch worked great! 
I have a question on the clock weather theme.  How do you setup the city the weather is reporting?

Working great and super easy!  Subscribed to apps service and just ordered another abandoned C10 for another room! 

Thanks!!!

OpusPuffin wrote:

The patch worked great! 
I have a question on the clock weather theme.  How do you setup the city the weather is reporting?

Top button, then menu, clock & weather, weather, then add or remove locations.  It works best if you just put in a zip code if it's in the US.

Thanks so much Duane! It is awesome to see my old Dash back up and running!!!!

Thanks to all the Blue Octy staff for rescuing our Sony Dash units and turning them into CHUMDASH !!!

Unbricked and Chumbified! Thank you from this Dash user!!

Add me to the list of success stories and grateful Dash owners!  I'm up and running again!  The only thing missing that I'm jonesing for is the weather to display 5-day forecast.  It does show the current weather.  Looking forward to future updates, and ready to sub real soon.  Thanks again!!

Amazing work!  I installed it and everything ran smoothly!  Had to unplug because I normally set night mode at 9pm and it was past then so, wouldn't trigger.  Awesome job!

Yay! It worked! My Dash is now a "Dashumby". Sony sucks, Duane rules! Thank you very much, Duane!

Great job!  This went extremely smoothly and I am very grateful for all the work you've put into this!

Great start!  Mine is not cycling through the widgets but just staying stuck on whatever widget even if the duration is set to say 30 sec. FYI. Anyone else experiencing that?

Flamanar wrote:

Add me to the list of success stories and grateful Dash owners!  I'm up and running again!  The only thing missing that I'm jonesing for is the weather to display 5-day forecast.  It does show the current weather.  Looking forward to future updates, and ready to sub real soon.  Thanks again!!

The "Space Theme" does show the 5-day forecast in the upper right when the weather tab is active, but the standalone clock/weather them does not at the moment.

cujodu wrote:

Great start!  Mine is not cycling through the widgets but just staying stuck on whatever widget even if the duration is set to say 30 sec. FYI. Anyone else experiencing that?

Make sure you don't have the widget pinned.

The PIN/UNPIN button, like most is an action button, not a status button... so if it says:

"PIN" that means to pin the widget when you press the button, the widget currently isn't pinned.
"UNPIN" then that means to unpin the widget, which is currently pinned,  and let them cycle

Chumbified baby!!!!

Thank you!!! I now have a ChumDash!!!

andycarleton wrote:

Yay! It worked! My Dash is now a "Dashumby". Sony sucks, Duane rules! Thank you very much, Duane!

I prefer the thoroughly unofficial "chumdash" which fits in with the chumby lexicon:
http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=22333#p22333

diamaunt wrote:
cujodu wrote:

Make sure you don't have the widget pinned.

The PIN/UNPIN button, like most is an action button, not a status button... so if it says:

"PIN" that means to pin the widget when you press the button, the widget currently isn't pinned.
"UNPIN" then that means to unpin the widget, which is currently pinned,  and let them cycle

Yes. I think that's what I did.  I rebooted and now it's cycling through the widgets just fine!

Thank you all so much!  Seriously, you rule the universe!

It's working for me, Good job/

mulderjoe wrote:

Thank you all so much!  Seriously, you rule the universe!

Duane rules, and I sweep up the empty drink cups and candy wrappers big_smile lol  *puts out more trash cans*