Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

Two dashes, and a couple Chumbys. One Dash bricked but the unbricker worked for me, the other stays in sleepmode unless it's waking me up. Looking forward to their chumbitization.

377

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

One Dash that's been my bedside clock since forever. Looking to keep the event system working to switch between night time mode and power save mode... Thanks for working to keep the Dash out of the landfill!

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

Just joined after finding this site about the latest Sony update... blinking Sony logo...  will give the rollback to earlier firmware a try shortly.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

1 Dash, 2 Chumby's.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have one Dash

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have an HD1-C10 that Sony decided I don't need to use anymore :-(
Love my Dash...Sony not so much

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have a C10 Dash.  Thank you in advance for your efforts as it is greatly appreciated!

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have 3 Dash devices, all HID-C10 units, all praying for Chumby connectivity!
If Chumby does take on the Dash, the SONY logos get pried off, and a Chumby logo gets applied.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

My wife and I only have a Dash, no original Chumby.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

mbunds wrote:

I have 3 Dash devices, all HID-C10 units, all praying for Chumby connectivity!
If Chumby does take on the Dash, the SONY logos get pried off, and a Chumby logo gets applied.

That may be a good idea to put in the chumby store--Chumby labels to put over the Sony logo. It may be hard to overlay the lit up Sony sign barely on the bottom of screen though.

386

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

The chumby software turns off the Sony logo LED once it's running.  It's on during boot, but off thereafter.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

ok  that's interesting.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

2 Dashes, both reefers from a woot sale of many moons ago.
One active, currently ignoring the latest update request/demand.
The other unopened, was serving as backup hardware.

389

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

Duane wrote:

The chumby software turns off the Sony logo LED once it's running.  It's on during boot, but off thereafter.


Ha ha, that's perfect!

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

ChrisDash wrote:

My wife and I only have a Dash, no original Chumby.

That's OK, you're welcome here anyway smile

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

His and hers dashes, glad there's others that want to keep using them!

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I've got one C10 from either 2010 or 2011. Ready for the update.

393

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have 6 Sony Dashes. Thanks for working on a fix.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have 5...

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have two C10s.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

Count me in as having one.  It's bricked thanks to the forced update and not sure if I'm going to try to install the previous firmware or wait for the version released here.    But glad to see I can bring it back to life hopefully.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

celblazer wrote:

Count me in as having one.  It's bricked thanks to the forced update and not sure if I'm going to try to install the previous firmware or wait for the version released here.    But glad to see I can bring it back to life hopefully.

We are *NOT* creating new firmware for the Dash, we are creating a patch that redirects the Dash to the Chumby servers. 

What this means is that you do need to do the unbrick rollback to the good firmware.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

398

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have 7 C10s.  Thank you very much for all the work!

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

Whew! where do you put all those units? Don't get me wrong, I think its great but I wouldn't have enough places to put them. I  have 3, one at work, one by my bed and one in the living room. BUT I also have:
1-C8
1-I3
1-C1
1-CC morphed in a cedar box.
So I guess I have 7 units myself. Oops. I guess I now know where I would put them all.

Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

Thanks for clarifying.  Time to search for my USB drives.  LOL

diamaunt wrote:
celblazer wrote:

Count me in as having one.  It's bricked thanks to the forced update and not sure if I'm going to try to install the previous firmware or wait for the version released here.    But glad to see I can bring it back to life hopefully.

We are *NOT* creating new firmware for the Dash, we are creating a patch that redirects the Dash to the Chumby servers. 

What this means is that you do need to do the unbrick rollback to the good firmware.