Re: Post in this thread if you have a dash...

I have a Dash and would very much like to recuse it, so thanks!

Currently asking me to do the 1604 update, which I'm not doing...is there no way to get rid of the message telling you to update?!?

averial wrote:

I have 3 C10 Units.... After today, I'm down to 1 left working sad

Same here.

I think it's really odd that I have 2 of them a couple of yards from each other, same network, and one gets the push notifications for update and the other doesn't.

I also have  an HID C 10 which is dead as of today July 12th 2017.

Please let us have your solution.

Alaric11

I also have a HID C10, bricked this morning thanks to Sony's update.
(Does not even work as a clock.)

Have another HID C10, which is asking for an update...

I have  2 dash , one just went dead last night when my husband made a mistake of "updating them" . We have the first version.. is there a way to save it? We use it for alarm & weather
Thanks

331 (edited by joelsef 2017-07-13 03:19:42)

I just reinstalled the 1604 firmware from Sony's site and it still bricks the Dash. It's not supposed to brick the dash. It appears Sony may have messed up the final update?

I have 3 Dash units

My post, along with several others, disappeared from yesterday's postings?  Surprised by that. Why?

I have a Dash C10 and am anxious to convert to your new system. Right now it wants to update but I haven't hit the ok to update button. Should I just leave it in that state?  How soon will the Chumby ware be ready?

dbloom2 wrote:

My post, along with several others, disappeared from yesterday's postings?  Surprised by that. Why?

I have a Dash C10 and am anxious to convert to your new system. Right now it wants to update but I haven't hit the ok to update button. Should I just leave it in that state?  How soon will the Chumby ware be ready?

We don't know yet how the latest Sony update effects Duane's efforts so for now, I would say do not allow the update. As for a roll-out date, the software is still being tested and bugs fixed. We also have to wait for Sony to completely pull the plug on everyone. Sorry, but I cannot give you an exact date.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

335 (edited by gfinockio 2017-07-13 04:49:09)

Hey Bolo - you may want to make it very clear for people NOT to flash the new update, or you are going to lose dozens of potential customers. You likely have already.

I have a dash. HID-C10.

I have one and would subscribe.  I had to update mine though...hoping to come back from that.  I downloaded the old firmware from a user on a reddit thread but haven't done anything with it yet...not sure I can

sogren wrote:

I have one and would subscribe.  I had to update mine though...hoping to come back from that.  I downloaded the old firmware from a user on a reddit thread but haven't done anything with it yet...not sure I can

If you are unsure what to do, just leave it unplugged for now. Best to wait until there is a better understanding of the options for users.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

i had 1 Sony Dash. Now I have one Sony clock Grrr!

alaric11 wrote:

I also have  an HID C 10 which is dead as of today July 12th 2017.

Please let us have your solution.

Alaric11

We will, but we don't want you to have a *broken* solution, and have to do multiple updates.

Give us a little time.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

dbloom2 wrote:

My post, along with several others, disappeared from yesterday's postings?  Surprised by that. Why??

The posts were moved into a more appropriate thread.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

I have the HID-C10 and I am looking forward to whatever the Chumby folks can do for us.

I have 2 dashes and am very disappointed in crooked Sony for bricking them.

I have 2 Dashes.  Both are worthless right now since the update.

Dash owner looking for Chumby to release an update due to loss of Sony support

346 (edited by old_radio_guy 2017-07-13 12:17:23)

Before going to bed last night I noticed the new update for my Dash. Since I couldn't get rid of the info screen I pressed OK thinking maybe Sony was providing one last update which would enable the Dash to continue to provide, without further support, the features which don't require the Sony servers like playing media from the USB, clock, alarm ect. Instead my Dash was assassinated and turned into a Sony brick. I was able to restore the Dash back to the previous firmware but I only had a minute or two to get my internet radio station playing and the sleep timer set before the update notification lock the screen.  With all this going on I didn't get much sleep.

I never thought Sony or any company would issue an update specifically designed to destroy customer property. This seems so illegal. I will never by another Sony product again.

Hope Chumby will be able to get my old friend running again.

Hopefully the Chumby fix comes soon. i rely on mine for the weather and news.

I too have a Dash.  Fortunately, I was able to downgrade my firmware and get it working again.  I have since unplugged it so that it does not upgrade on its own and possibly brick my Dash.
I am looking forward to whatever updates you guys have so that we can continue to use our Dash.  Thanks for all that you guys are doing!!

I have two dashes. Looking forward to whatever you can do! Thank you so much!!

I now have a clock. Kinda creepy what Sony did. I would be happy with it at least being a clock radio