Topic: Longer term subscription plans

I haven't subscribed yet, but I would like to. I am just wondering if a paid yearly subscription will be offered at some point, because I'd really rather do it that way.

2 (edited by diamaunt 2014-07-11 09:51:35)

Re: Longer term subscription plans

mcraeh wrote:

I haven't subscribed yet, but I would like to. I am just wondering if a paid yearly subscription will be offered at some point, because I'd really rather do it that way.

As mentioned in the FAQ we will very likely be offering longer term subscriptions at some point in the future.

The goal up to this point is to get a sustainable service up and running, simply.  It made no sense to offer a complicated subscription service initially before finding out whether there was even close to enough interest to sustain the service, thus, not asking you for more than one month at a time.

Now that adequate interest has been shown, enough to cover recurring costs, and to even start paying down some of the previous expenses, it makes sense to offer longer term commitments.

Exactly when other payment options will be offered, I don't know yet, so why don't you go ahead and sign up for the next month, and start enjoying the widgets? smile

edit: I like that, I think I'll go expand the answer in the faq with it smile

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Since many of us have more than one unit a discount on a year length multi-subscription might be considered.

ccchuck wrote:

Since many of us have more than one unit a discount on a year length multi-subscription might be considered.

I don't understand why that matters... the subscription is per user not per device.

buy as many as you can get your hands on and activate them all, same low price.

member steevo recently mentioned that he's got nine.

materdaddy said "only nine?" and went on to mention some larger number that I don't remember offhand smile

5 (edited by Materdaddy 2014-07-11 13:23:30)

ccchuck wrote:

The number of units you have doesn't matter.  It's $3/month for an account, not per device.  I have 6 listed in my account.

EDIT: As previously mentioned, I have a few other Chumby devices that aren't subscribed.  They're being used for other purposes.  In a couple cases, they're being used to collect dust and hold down that shelf in the closet! wink

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Materdaddy wrote:

EDIT: As previously mentioned, I have a few other Chumby devices that aren't subscribed.  They're being used for other purposes.  In a couple cases, they're being used to collect dust and hold down that shelf in the closet! wink

for SHAME! you should have them under little glass domes!

well great, missed that important detail.

ccchuck wrote:

well great, missed that important detail.

if there's somewhere you feel it would be beneficial to point it out, please let me know!

sometimes when we stare at things for so long, we think "well, this will make sense to someone new" and, sometimes, it isn't as clear as we think smile