1 (edited by gertrudethemutilator 2014-07-01 11:10:05)

Topic: Welcome Back!!!!

I just wanted to say yay! 
I can't believe it took me until after lunch to notice the blue octy clock on my chumby.   It's been sitting faithfully on my desk for some years now.  I almost unplugged it for good a couple weeks ago!
Long story short, you have 3 of my dollars! smile   Now to see how many of these apps still work!

Re: Welcome Back!!!!

sometimes, procrastination pays off wink

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

3 (edited by stwoods 2014-07-01 12:51:55)

Yay...you got 3$ from me - two chumbys in the UK and one in Switzerland plus a hacker board - they travel with me and will continue - thxs

Thank you Duane!!!  What a tremendous service you've done for the Chumby community. Just subscribed and my widgets are back!  Also just ordered two baseball caps and look forward to showing off my snappy new chapeau.

5 (edited by topo88 2014-07-02 04:48:06)

smile Thanks for being back again!  Unfortunately a lot of the apps do not work anymore, e.g. most of the webcam apps.

I am happy to simply have service restored. The "basic" apps (weather, for one) is really, all I missed badly.

However, now that I am paying for the service, it would be nice to see enhancement of this platform. Is that something on the roadmap? If so, can you give us some idea of what that roadmap is?

topo88 wrote:

smile Thanks for being back again!  Unfortunately a lot of the apps do not work anymore, e.g. most of the webcam apps.

the chumby widgets were always mainly community created, and community supported.

personally, I'm hoping that with the service restored, and a brighter future, many of the previous widget designers, and, indeed new ones, will start making new widgets.

Great to see Chumby back to life!  Cheers!

Some webcam widgets are working, I've -think- I've seen images on ChumbySpy.

Marc Silverman
New York City
SilverMarc.com | Chumbian.com
MY POWER TEAM: Macintosh, iPhone, Chumby, Geocaching, WheresGeorge.

I use chumbyspy, and it pulls up things from time to time, but even 'back in the day' all the cams didn't work.

I'm currently using ImageURL and DualCams on my Chumby 8 successfully.

Those are two of the ones I like, so I tested them in the beta and was quite happy they still worked!

Thank you !!!!!!