Topic: Infocast - region locked?

Now that I've ordered a Chumby 8 from Duane's newly uncovered stash to make up the Chumby set with my Classics and C1, I'm starting to develop a bit of a hankering for an Infocast or two.
I seem to recall that the Sony Dashes were region locked, and would only work from a US IP address. What about the Infocasts? Will they work with an Australian IP address?
I know that there are ways around the IP address problem, but now that the Australian dollar has gone down and the local availability of content has increased, I'm planning to phase out my use of such services.

Re: Infocast - region locked?

I have an info cast 3.5 that I got from us. Amazon maybe, not sure. It works fine in Melbourne. Note that it doesn't have a battery box. I also have 2 x C1s and a C8. I'm keen to see the service up again. I want to buy a sticker or charms but not sure what us address to send them to. If I use shipito I would have to pay extra on top of my donation. Any ideas. Maybe I could send them to Duane's house?!

If you want to buy a sticker from the cafepress store, then you should be able to get it from the cafepress Australian store. Don't use the link that Duane provides, go to http://www.cafepress.com.au/. I have bought a Chumby hoodie from them and I can only assume that this provides the same financial benefit to Chumby as purchasing from cafepress US would have.
Not sure about the charms, I think they come from Duane's Chumby store, which doesn't ship outside the US. However, I note (too late for me who used PriceUSA) that Duane might be prepared to organise personal shipments to people outside the US. Search 'chumby008' in the chumbysphere forums to find out more (sorry, but I'm too tired to find the exact link).

For sales outside the US, you either need to contact us directly, or to use an intermediary such as myus.com.

Please see this blog post for information on how to contact us.

Infocasts are not region-locked, however, some music sources may not work since they may be independently region locked or blocked by your ISP.  Some individual widgets may be independently region locked as well.