1 (edited by demarks51 2013-05-03 08:53:39)

Topic: ChumbyBrowser

I did the changeover for one of my I8s to C8 CP and see now that the Chumbrowser logo is seen. I click on it and it says that the browser is not enabled or something like that. What do I need to do to get it to work? Or is this just a difference between the real C8 and the I8 to C8 flaw? Or is it because we are on the stub now? AND what would it do IF it worked? I really do not know.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: ChumbyBrowser

Hmmm, the stub server should be properly serving up the C8 browser module, at least to C8s.  I'm not sure what happens if the device is actually an I8.

I'll try to look into it.

Anyone else having issues with the C8 browser?

Duane wrote:

Hmmm, the stub server should be properly serving up the C8 browser module, at least to C8s.  I'm not sure what happens if the device is actually an I8.

I'll try to look into it.

Anyone else having issues with the C8 browser?

I have an I8 to C8 too.  I'll try it tonight

"This device is not browser enabled"
Sounds like an I8 problem. Not fully recognized as a C8. *Maybe* Duane can fix this. I am enjoying the My Streams now that it is wearing C8 clothes.

5 (edited by bobsz 2013-05-03 22:35:02)

C8 browser is working ok on my "genuine Chumby" C8.

@demarks51, if it was working, it would open the Chumby home page. A basic menu/address bar would drop down when you pushed the button on top of the device. Note that it's always been a little slow and cranky. I think I recall that refining it was on Duane's to-do list right before we hit the iceberg.

@duane, off-topic - I haven't had my C8 plugged in for a while, and the LCARS clock looks great on the big screen. Another one of your creations that was ahead of its time.

the browser works (as much as it can...) on an i8 running c8 software.
bobsz - i dont know why you like the LCARS clock so much. quite franklyanyone running a chumby is probably sick of it by now. we would much rather have our widgets back (and prefer to never ever see the LCARS clock ever again).

Well, the actual merits of the LCARS clock as a clock and as a widget are completely independent of its new status as the sole widget.
It is a nice looking clock. That it is the only Chumby clock at the moment doesn't alter that.

8 (edited by demarks51 2013-05-06 07:38:54)

What can I do to make the chumbrowser work on my I8 to C8 unit?
"This device is not browser enabled" is what I am getting.

I need to find out why that message is being generated and by who - server or client.

Can the "I8 to C8" take the 1.8.2 firmware now? Will that fix anything? I have 1.05 on both of my info8s (one running C8 software).