Topic: Flickr API error - old version of the widget?

Hi,

I prepared a USB stick with zurk's firmware a little while ago in anticipation of the Big Switchoff. It's working fine, with the exception of  one instance of my Flickr widget, which returns an API error. The version that doesn't work is trying to pull a photo set. Other instances that pull based on tags are working fine.

I seem to remember there being this issue with the Flickr widget at some point, which must have been fixed, so I am a bit worried I've downloaded an old version of the widget onto my USB stick (it's v 4.7.5). Is there any way I can get the last version of the widget now, or is there anyone who knows what I need to doctor in the xml to get photosets working again?

cheers
Tim

Re: Flickr API error - old version of the widget?

The Flickr widget uses a service that was hosted on one of the servers that was taken down.

Several widgets used that server- eBay, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, and a few others.

Re: Flickr API error - old version of the widget?

I have three instances of the widget on my Chumby. One is still working fine (the one that is pulling photos based on a tag rather than a photoset), so it isn't that the widget has just stopped working. Has that service definitely gone?

The other two instancesare failing due to an API error, and I seem to remember the same thing happened a few months ago and then sorted itself out, so I assumed I just had an old version of the widget.