1 (edited by dnkorte 2007-11-02 04:37:01)

Topic: Hard to escape Control Panel - Skin too tight on top?

I've noticed that its sometimes hard to escape from Control Panel back into the regular stream.  When you hit the "Hide Control Panel" button it very briefly (fractional second) goes back to the normal widget stream then comes immediately back to Control Panel.  If you do this enough times it eventually works. 

Not totally sure about this, but i feel kind of like the skin is stretched pretty tightly over the physical switch on the top, making it over-sensitive; wondering if thats a previously noticed phenomenon, or if there is another issue at play here???

Not a biggie either way, just an observation...  (by the way, LOVE the chumby anyhow!!! great product)

Re: Hard to escape Control Panel - Skin too tight on top?

Yes, it does sound like the casing is pressing the switch.  I guess your chumby really like being in the Control Panel.

You might be able to alleviate this by mushing the stuffing around a bit from the outside, or you could try opening the flap on the bottom and rearranging the stuffing.

Just FYI, my Chumby arrived with the same problem.. It took me a while to figure out that the switch wasn't be released..   I'll try moving the stuffing.

I've having the same problem, especially when I have a battery in my Chumby. It's very tricky to get the battery to sit in a position that does not trigger the control panel.

Yes same problem here as well.  the switch is definitively getting held in closed position by the cover.
The switch is connected on the back panel (speaker, ports) and is free to shift around seperate from the front panel.. if you don't have the stuffing just right the switch is very easily depressed. The switch is very lite touch and is way to easy to depress.  Inside I saw the bean bad and some fiber fill..

Maybe not enough of this fiber fill up top?

Or too much fiber fill puling pack panel away from front and tightening the cover?

If some fiber fill is removed is there any chance of causing a short between back panel board and front board?

Are there pics of the innards and how things are arranged inside so that I might access how to fix on my own?

Thanks for your time