Topic: SolarCity Widget

So.

SolarCity is a company that sells/leases solar panel systems throughout the country.   They have a web page that you can visit to see what your system is doing:

http://solarguard.solarcity.com/kiosk/s … BC642E7592

For example will show you the production of my system.

I would love to see if this could be made into a Widget.  All I care about is the Current graph reading.  I wish I was smart enough to do this..

Re: SolarCity Widget

gemery wrote:

So.

SolarCity is a company that sells/leases solar panel systems throughout the country.   They have a web page that you can visit to see what your system is doing:

http://solarguard.solarcity.com/kiosk/s … BC642E7592

For example will show you the production of my system.

I would love to see if this could be made into a Widget.  All I care about is the Current graph reading.  I wish I was smart enough to do this..

What model chumby device do you own?

-dev

Both, i guess.  I have the leather one as well as the hard plastic model

I took a look at the data sources available and there is some information that is consumable via an RSS feed (click the RSS link towards the bottom of the page) which you could pipe into the Chumby RSS widget.   This doesn't list your current stats though as shown on the graph.  The graph itself is an image, but the issue is the image path changes, so there is nothing solid to point to, in which case I would have recommended imageURL.  The one last thing could be trying to get a hold of some of the data with Yahoo Pipes, but I have not had a chance to look into that yet.

You could also send SolarGuard an email asking if there is, or will be, a user facing API available (maybe they have something in beta).  There are a couple of other related apps for chumby providing data on energy related systems, for example here and here.  If SolarGuard provided even the simplest API it wouldn't be hard to build.  They could even contact me if they had any questions as to what would need to be provided.

Wish I had a quicker solution for you.

-dev